W2K logon - Windows NT

This is a discussion on W2K logon - Windows NT ; Hello all, I'm new here, but I have an urgent question, so not able to read some day before postiung myself. I tried in in the ms-forum without results, so I try here. I am running WIN2000 and think of ...

  1. W2K logon

    Hello all,
    I'm new here, but I have an urgent question, so not able to read some day
    before postiung myself. I tried in in the ms-forum without results, so I try
    here.

    I am running WIN2000 and think of updating to XP-Pro. So I ran the
    compatibility check. The result was a message, that some foreign software
    has changed my logon-program. Recommended to deinstall this software before
    updating. But I don't Know whoich SOftware may have done it. I fear, it
    could be some backdoor software. But perhpas it is only my virus-checker?

    Who can tell me, where I can find the info which software is currently run
    during logon. (Think of some registry-key?)?

    Please help!

    Hartmut

  2. Re: W2K logon

    look at this value "SCRNSAVE.EXE" under the registery base :
    HK_Users\.Default\Control Panel\Desktop.
    the value must be "logon.scr"

    "Hartmut Berghoff" a écrit dans le message de news:
    3EF959DC.2090308@gmx.de...
    > Hello all,
    > I'm new here, but I have an urgent question, so not able to read some day
    > before postiung myself. I tried in in the ms-forum without results, so I

    try
    > here.
    >
    > I am running WIN2000 and think of updating to XP-Pro. So I ran the
    > compatibility check. The result was a message, that some foreign software
    > has changed my logon-program. Recommended to deinstall this software

    before
    > updating. But I don't Know whoich SOftware may have done it. I fear, it
    > could be some backdoor software. But perhpas it is only my virus-checker?
    >
    > Who can tell me, where I can find the info which software is currently run
    > during logon. (Think of some registry-key?)?
    >
    > Please help!
    >
    > Hartmut

+ Reply to Thread