flush OS disk cache pages? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on flush OS disk cache pages? - Windows NT ; Does anyone know exactly how to flush the disk cache? sysinternals mumbles about calling NtSetSystemInformation but they never get down to the exact call and parameters....

  1. flush OS disk cache pages?

    Does anyone know exactly how to flush the disk cache?

    sysinternals mumbles about calling NtSetSystemInformation but they
    never get down to the exact call and parameters.

  2. Re: flush OS disk cache pages?

    On Jan 15, 12:11 pm, Abble wrote:

    I found a work-around that seems to work for me--- just allocate
    memory 10MB at a time until an allocate request takes more than say
    200 milliseconds. That's an indication that all of RAM has been
    scavenged for you, including the disk cache, and VM has kicked in.

    Kludgy but seems to do the job.

+ Reply to Thread