Dial up connection Wince6 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Dial up connection Wince6 - Windows CE ; Hello all, in one of our project, we need to setup a dial up connection for GPRS modem, modem is connected to COM2 on our PX270 based COM module. This module has WINCE 6 ported. The only option we get ...

  1. Dial up connection Wince6

    Hello all,

    in one of our project, we need to setup a dial up connection for GPRS
    modem, modem is connected to COM2 on our PX270 based COM module. This
    module has WINCE 6 ported. The only option we get in the Dial up
    application is to select Hayes modem on COM1, for reasons we cant use
    the COM1 to connect the modem, so hoe can we install the modem now,
    please someboy help us.

    Regards,
    Murali.K.C

  2. Re: Dial up connection Wince6

    On Sep 17, 6:21*pm, macy.mur...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > in one of our project, we need to setup a dial up connection for GPRS
    > modem, modem is connected to COM2 on our PX270 based COM module. This
    > module has WINCE 6 ported. The only option we get in the Dial up
    > application is to select Hayes modem on COM1, for reasons we cant use
    > the COM1 to connect the modem, so hoe can we install the modem now,
    > please someboy help us.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Murali.K.C

    Its possible to use the dialup connection for GPRS using UNIMODEM.dll
    Redirect the UNIMODEM driver to point to your Modem dll and Port.

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ExtModems\CompanyX-Modem]
    "Port"="COM2:"
    "DeviceType"=dword:1
    "Order"=dword:0
    "FriendlyName"="Modem driver"