usb2serial - Windows CE

This is a discussion on usb2serial - Windows CE ; Hi I recently bought a Y-105 USB2SERIAL cable for my tablet pc (wce 4.2.net, no com only usb) to connect it to gps system with RS232 connection to pc. While connecting the cable into tablet i got "Enter the name ...

  1. usb2serial

    Hi

    I recently bought a Y-105 USB2SERIAL cable for my tablet pc (wce
    4.2.net, no com only usb) to connect it to gps system with RS232
    connection to pc. While connecting the cable into tablet i got "Enter
    the name of the driver for this USB device:" dialog.

    I don't know actually what should I enter here... No driver on cd for
    WCE as well. I also searched for some drivers in WINDOWS directory but
    none of them made sense to me.

    Any suggestions/help appreciated.

  2. Re: usb2serial

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 01:46:08 -0700 (PDT), pitt@pronet.lublin.pl wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I recently bought a Y-105 USB2SERIAL cable for my tablet pc (wce
    >4.2.net, no com only usb) to connect it to gps system with RS232
    >connection to pc. While connecting the cable into tablet i got "Enter
    >the name of the driver for this USB device:" dialog.
    >
    >I don't know actually what should I enter here... No driver on cd for
    >WCE as well. I also searched for some drivers in WINDOWS directory but
    >none of them made sense to me.
    >
    >Any suggestions/help appreciated.

    Very few Windows CE devices have USB host, which is required to use
    peripherals. They have USB client so the device can be used as a
    peripheral with a computer. Unless you can find a specification that
    says otherwise, I think you should assume you're out of luck.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com
    Useful reading (be sure to read its disclaimer first):