how to detect weather monitor( Video Out put) connected or not..?? - Windows CE

This is a discussion on how to detect weather monitor( Video Out put) connected or not..?? - Windows CE ; Hi !! WinCE Programmers... I am developing one application for SBC(Single Board Computer). This application will be started from console and is responsible to load the GUI thread. But before that the application should able to detect weather Video output ...

  1. how to detect weather monitor( Video Out put) connected or not..??

    Hi !!
    WinCE Programmers...

    I am developing one application for SBC(Single Board Computer). This
    application will be started from console and is responsible to load
    the GUI thread. But before that the application should able to detect
    weather Video output has been connected or not.If Video out put is not
    available it will not load the GUI thread.
    This application is being developed using win32 API. The single SBC
    board has Windows CE 6.0 OS which also contains High resolution Video
    component into OS Image.. The application is being developed using
    VS2005.

    Waiting for your kind reply..

    Best Regards

    Navin Salunke

  2. Re: how to detect weather monitor( Video Out put) connected or not..??

    Of all the newsgroups where you posted, I think only
    microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded is relevant.

    I don't deal with custom boards, so I'm not the best person to
    respond. But no one else has, so:

    Video connections are definitely not standard. So I'm pretty sure the
    answer depends entirely on the driver for that hardware. And that
    implies you need to track down the SDK for that hardware. Are you sure
    it isn't part of the SDK for the SBC you're using?

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:14:01 -0000, smartslack
    wrote:

    >Hi !!
    >WinCE Programmers...
    >
    >I am developing one application for SBC(Single Board Computer). This
    >application will be started from console and is responsible to load
    >the GUI thread. But before that the application should able to detect
    >weather Video output has been connected or not.If Video out put is not
    >available it will not load the GUI thread.
    >This application is being developed using win32 API. The single SBC
    >board has Windows CE 6.0 OS which also contains High resolution Video
    >component into OS Image.. The application is being developed using
    >VS2005.
    >
    >Waiting for your kind reply..
    >
    >Best Regards
    >
    >Navin Salunke