WINCE on ARM PB926:newbie question - Windows CE

This is a discussion on WINCE on ARM PB926:newbie question - Windows CE ; Hi, I am new to winCe and need to port the os onto ARM PB926EJ-s board. Currently i do not have BSP's for the board and intend to delevelop it myself. I am using the MAINSTONEII BSP as the refernce ...

  1. WINCE on ARM PB926:newbie question

    Hi,
    I am new to winCe and need to port the os onto ARM PB926EJ-s board.
    Currently i do not have BSP's for the board and intend to delevelop it
    myself.
    I am using the MAINSTONEII BSP as the refernce BSP.

    My initial task is to port the bootloader on to the board. As a first
    step towards doing this, i wanted to check whether a image generated
    by the MS ARM toolchains are supported by the board. I created a small
    "hello world" project and built it.Got an exe and bin file. I then
    used the romimage utility to generate a raw binary image(*.nb0)and
    downloaded the code using the boot monitor program provided by the
    board manufacturer. when i ran the program on board, the program just
    hung. what am i supposed to do? Am i going wrong any where?

    The board has a 64MB SDRAM starting at address 0x00
    and a NOR flash at address 0x34000000

    what should be the entries in the bib file testproj.bib. How should i
    go about the porting activity?

    Would appretiate any help in this regard

    Poornima

  2. Re: WINCE on ARM PB926:newbie question

    On Sep 11, 1:10 pm, poornima...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am new to winCe and need to port the os onto ARM PB926EJ-s board.
    > Currently i do not have BSP's for the board and intend to delevelop it
    > myself.
    > I am using the MAINSTONEII BSP as the refernce BSP.
    >
    > My initial task is to port the bootloader on to the board. As a first
    > step towards doing this, i wanted to check whether a image generated
    > by the MS ARM toolchains are supported by the board.

    Can't help with the other things, but I know that the MS ARM
    toolchains are supported by the ARM926EJ-S chip on the PB926 board,
    unless you want to use VFP which the MS compiler doesn't support. Note
    also that the MS ARM compiler is for the ARM architecture v4, while
    the ARM926EJ-S is v5TE. This doesn't matter in terms of compatability
    (v5 assembly is a superset of v4) but it does mean some features
    specific to v5 will be missing.

    RobM

    PS - How come you have a PB926 board without the BSP?

+ Reply to Thread