Remote display over ethernet - Windows CE 5.0 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Remote display over ethernet - Windows CE 5.0 - Windows CE ; Hi, i need to "view" over ethernet my windows CE 5.0 device display on my Windows XP workstation. Actually i use ActiveSync with an USB cable, but i should connect to device using ethernet cable over TCP/IP. It is possible ...

  1. Remote display over ethernet - Windows CE 5.0

    Hi, i need to "view" over ethernet my windows CE 5.0 device display on
    my Windows XP workstation.
    Actually i use ActiveSync with an USB cable, but i should connect to
    device using ethernet cable over TCP/IP.
    It is possible ?

  2. Re: Remote display over ethernet - Windows CE 5.0

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 02:58:18 -0700, m.curtolo@clivet.it wrote:

    >Hi, i need to "view" over ethernet my windows CE 5.0 device display on
    >my Windows XP workstation.

    SOTI Pocket Controller will display Pocket PC screens on a "desktop"
    connected via ActiveSync. Here's the web site
    http://www.soti.net/
    Here's a review:
    http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/...k2/default.asp
    I haven't checked, but I assume this software is only for Pocket PCs,
    so it probably won't work if your device is something else (like an
    industrial device based on Windows CE).

    I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
    look up
    soti
    in microsoft.public.pocketpc and got 72 hits. I took a quick look and
    saw at least two leads to alternatives.

    >Actually i use ActiveSync with an USB cable, but i should connect to
    >device using ethernet cable over TCP/IP.
    >It is possible ?

    Older versions of ActiveSync worked over Ethernet (use Google to find
    discussions if you wonder why new versions don't). I _think_ the break
    was between 3.x and 4.x

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Remote display over ethernet - Windows CE 5.0

    Ok.... but my question was different..................
    Actually i use "Remote Display", a Microsoft tool included into
    Microsoft Power Toys package, to connect to my CE device
    using active sync and an USB cable.
    i need to do same think of "Remote Display" + USB.... but over
    ethernet cable.... not via USB one

    On 23 Lug, 22:15, r_z_aret@pen_fact.com wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 02:58:18 -0700, m.curt...@clivet.it wrote:
    > >Hi, i need to "view" over ethernet my windows CE 5.0 device display on
    > >my Windows XP workstation.

    > SOTI Pocket Controller will display Pocket PC screens on a "desktop"
    > connected via ActiveSync. Here's the web sitehttp://www.soti.net/
    > Here's a review:http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/...k2/default.asp
    > I haven't checked, but I assume this software is only for Pocket PCs,
    > so it probably won't work if your device is something else (like an
    > industrial device based on Windows CE).
    >
    > I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
    > look up
    > soti
    > in microsoft.public.pocketpc and got 72 hits. I took a quick look and
    > saw at least two leads to alternatives.
    >
    > >Actually i use ActiveSync with an USB cable, but i should connect to
    > >device using ethernet cable over TCP/IP.
    > >It is possible ?

    > Older versions of ActiveSync worked over Ethernet (use Google to find
    > discussions if you wonder why new versions don't). I _think_ the break
    > was between 3.x and 4.x

    > To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
    >
    > Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    > PenFact, Inc.
    > 20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    > Boston, MA 02116www.penfact.com

  4. Re: Remote display over ethernet - Windows CE 5.0

    I don't have a direct answer to your question. But, if you follow the
    search recipe I gave in my earlier response you will get some leads
    that might help you find an answer.

    On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:48:18 -0700, linuxcm1981
    wrote:

    >Ok.... but my question was different..................
    >Actually i use "Remote Display", a Microsoft tool included into
    >Microsoft Power Toys package, to connect to my CE device
    >using active sync and an USB cable.
    >i need to do same think of "Remote Display" + USB.... but over
    >ethernet cable.... not via USB one
    >

    >On 23 Lug, 22:15, r_z_aret@pen_fact.com wrote:
    >> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 02:58:18 -0700, m.curt...@clivet.it wrote:
    >> >Hi, i need to "view" over ethernet my windows CE 5.0 device display on
    >> >my Windows XP workstation.

    >> SOTI Pocket Controller will display Pocket PC screens on a "desktop"
    >> connected via ActiveSync. Here's the web sitehttp://www.soti.net/
    >> Here's a review:http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/...k2/default.asp
    >> I haven't checked, but I assume this software is only for Pocket PCs,
    >> so it probably won't work if your device is something else (like an
    >> industrial device based on Windows CE).
    >>
    >> I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
    >> look up
    >> soti
    >> in microsoft.public.pocketpc and got 72 hits. I took a quick look and
    >> saw at least two leads to alternatives.
    >>
    >> >Actually i use ActiveSync with an USB cable, but i should connect to
    >> >device using ethernet cable over TCP/IP.
    >> >It is possible ?

    >> Older versions of ActiveSync worked over Ethernet (use Google to find
    >> discussions if you wonder why new versions don't). I _think_ the break
    >> was between 3.x and 4.x

    >> To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
    >>
    >> Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    >> PenFact, Inc.
    >> 20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    >> Boston, MA 02116www.penfact.com