Help, I need Symbol PPT 2740 barcode scanner software - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Help, I need Symbol PPT 2740 barcode scanner software - Windows CE ; I just recently purchased an old Symbol PPT 2740 handheld with built in barcode scanner off of ebay. I've desperately been searching for some barcode reading software for it, but I cannot find anything that suppors Windows CE 2.11. Does ...

  1. Help, I need Symbol PPT 2740 barcode scanner software

    I just recently purchased an old Symbol PPT 2740 handheld with built in
    barcode scanner off of ebay. I've desperately been searching for some
    barcode reading software for it, but I cannot find anything that suppors
    Windows CE 2.11. Does anybody have any software of this vintage? All the
    software really needs to do is keep track of inventory, i.e. check in/out
    items with unique barcodes. Any information on how I can obtain some
    software like this would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

  2. Re: Help, I need Symbol PPT 2740 barcode scanner software

    Please see a current thread called "inventory software for ce" in
    microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development.

    On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:25:01 -0700, "hf"
    wrote:

    >I just recently purchased an old Symbol PPT 2740 handheld with built in
    >barcode scanner off of ebay. I've desperately been searching for some
    >barcode reading software for it, but I cannot find anything that suppors
    >Windows CE 2.11. Does anybody have any software of this vintage? All the
    >software really needs to do is keep track of inventory, i.e. check in/out
    >items with unique barcodes. Any information on how I can obtain some
    >software like this would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks in advance,

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400