upload photo - Windows CE

This is a discussion on upload photo - Windows CE ; Is it possible to take a photo with the (Windows Mobile) device, and then - programatically -, to name the file and upload it to a directory location on remote server? Regards Finn Clement Hansen...

  1. upload photo

    Is it possible to take a photo with the (Windows Mobile) device, and then -
    programatically -, to name the file and upload it to a directory location on
    remote server?

    Regards
    Finn Clement Hansen

  2. Re: upload photo

    On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:39:47 +0200, "finn clement hansen"
    wrote:

    >Is it possible to take a photo with the (Windows Mobile) device, and then -
    >programatically -, to name the file and upload it to a directory location on
    >remote server?

    If the remote server has an FTP server, a program on the device could
    use FTP. If the remote server "shares" a directory, a program on the
    device could use file manipulation routines to transfer the file.

    Programming questions are more likely to receive useful answers if
    asked in a newsgroup for programmers. If you are likely to use a .NET
    language, that would probably be
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework . Otherwise, try
    microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.

    This, or similar questions, have been asked and answered several
    times. You can find more information about ftp by using google
    (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    ftp
    in either of these newsgroups. Finding info on using shares will
    require a bit more work; try looking for
    file copy

    >Regards
    >Finn Clement Hansen

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: upload photo

    Thank you for answer. I'm not sure, I quite understand the reply. Not a .NET
    programmer myself, but must be certain it's possible before I go out and
    find somebody to do the job for me. The task is to take a photo on a
    building site and have it sent automatically to a certain folder on remote
    server after being taken.

    But thanks anyway; I'll look into the other groups.

    Best regards
    Finn Clement Hansen

    skrev i en meddelelse
    > On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:39:47 +0200, "finn clement hansen"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is it possible to take a photo with the (Windows Mobile) device, and

    then -
    > >programatically -, to name the file and upload it to a directory location

    on
    > >remote server?

    > If the remote server has an FTP server, a program on the device could
    > use FTP. If the remote server "shares" a directory, a program on the
    > device could use file manipulation routines to transfer the file.
    >
    > Programming questions are more likely to receive useful answers if
    > asked in a newsgroup for programmers. If you are likely to use a .NET
    > language, that would probably be
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework . Otherwise, try
    > microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.
    >
    > This, or similar questions, have been asked and answered several
    > times. You can find more information about ftp by using google
    > (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    > ftp
    > in either of these newsgroups. Finding info on using shares will
    > require a bit more work; try looking for
    > file copy
    >

    > >Regards
    > >Finn Clement Hansen

    > To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and

    please indicate which newsgroup and message).

    > Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    > PenFact, Inc.
    > 20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    > Boston, MA 02116