Exception while running release verion of ATL control in Windows CE - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Exception while running release verion of ATL control in Windows CE - Windows CE ; I have made an ATL control in Windows CE 5.0 embedded Visual c++ .I am able to use debug version of this control in my client application without any issue. The problem comes when I take the release build of ...

  1. Exception while running release verion of ATL control in Windows CE

    I have made an ATL control in Windows CE 5.0 embedded Visual c++ .I am
    able to use debug version of this control in my client application
    without any issue.
    The problem comes when I take the release build of this control and
    run the client application I
    Get this exception.

    Error
    ExceptionCode: 0xc0000005
    ExceptionAddress: 0x01d732b4
    Reading: 0x00000000.

    I placed message boxes in my source code and it seems like it is
    crashing while calling PrxDllRegisterServer from this function.

    DllRegisterServer(void)
    {

    #ifdef _MERGE_PROXYSTUB
    HRESULT hRes = PrxDllRegisterServer();
    if (FAILED(hRes))
    return hRes;
    #endif
    // registers object, typelib and all interfaces in typelib
    return _Module.RegisterServer(TRUE);

    }

    Any idea how can we run release mode ATL control? Thank you very much.

  2. Re: Exception while running release verion of ATL control in Windows CE

    I've never used PrxDllRegisterServer, so I can't provide specific
    help. But symptoms that show only in Release (or only in Debug) builds
    are usually caused by a bug in application, not system, code. For more
    info, see a 12-14 thread called "Crashes in Debug (random) but not
    release" in microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.

    On 1 May 2007 03:20:34 -0700, anurag wrote:

    >I have made an ATL control in Windows CE 5.0 embedded Visual c++ .I am
    >able to use debug version of this control in my client application
    >without any issue.
    >The problem comes when I take the release build of this control and
    >run the client application I
    >Get this exception.
    >
    >Error
    >ExceptionCode: 0xc0000005
    >ExceptionAddress: 0x01d732b4
    >Reading: 0x00000000.
    >
    >I placed message boxes in my source code and it seems like it is
    >crashing while calling PrxDllRegisterServer from this function.
    >
    > DllRegisterServer(void)
    >{
    >
    >#ifdef _MERGE_PROXYSTUB
    > HRESULT hRes = PrxDllRegisterServer();
    > if (FAILED(hRes))
    > return hRes;
    >#endif
    > // registers object, typelib and all interfaces in typelib
    > return _Module.RegisterServer(TRUE);
    >
    >}
    >
    >Any idea how can we run release mode ATL control? Thank you very much.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
    Boston, MA 02116