How to reduce the size of Win' Mobile's bottom bar ? - Windows CE

This is a discussion on How to reduce the size of Win' Mobile's bottom bar ? - Windows CE ; Hello, I don't know the name of this bar. It appears on the side of my PDA screen opposite to that along which the 'task bar' is seen; this one corresponds to the PC Windows task bar: like this, it ...

  1. How to reduce the size of Win' Mobile's bottom bar ?

    Hello,
    I don't know the name of this bar. It appears on the side of
    my PDA screen opposite to that along which the 'task bar' is seen;
    this one corresponds to the PC Windows task bar: like this, it has
    the MSWindows logo and time on it, as well as the word Start *)
    (this only when no task is active). I'll call the other bar the bottom
    bar. I have a problem with it.
    An appl. that I've installed on my PDA has a screen output
    that is partially covered and therefore hidden by the bottom bar.
    So I'd like to reduce the width of the bottom bar. (Of course, if
    the width can be reduced to 0, I also need to know how to restore
    the bottom bar.) My simple idea was to try to do what works on the PC
    for the task bar, but it doesn't for the bottom bar on the PDA.
    In fact, trying just now with the PC I found that with what is
    probably the default in WinXP, the task bar is fixed, but using the
    right mouse key, I get a pop-up menu which among other things enables
    me to free the task bar. Is there something similar on the PDA ?

    *) this might not be quite true, because I have the French version,
    so what I'm saying is a bit of a guess about the English version

  2. Re: How to reduce the size of Win' Mobile's bottom bar ?

    For Windows Mobile devices, the Task Bar is at the top of the screen,
    and the menu bar is at the bottom. I've only seen English versions,
    but I'm pretty sure this arrangement is true for all languages.

    The "proper" solution would be to fix or replace the application,
    because _it_ is the software that is misbehaving. I infer that is not
    an option.

    I can't help further. I suggest asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc.
    Perhaps in a French version of the newsgroup if it exists. When you
    do, you should say you asked here first.

    On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:57:20 +0200, Ulysse from CH
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    > I don't know the name of this bar. It appears on the side of
    >my PDA screen opposite to that along which the 'task bar' is seen;
    >this one corresponds to the PC Windows task bar: like this, it has
    >the MSWindows logo and time on it, as well as the word Start *)
    >(this only when no task is active). I'll call the other bar the bottom
    >bar. I have a problem with it.
    > An appl. that I've installed on my PDA has a screen output
    >that is partially covered and therefore hidden by the bottom bar.
    >So I'd like to reduce the width of the bottom bar. (Of course, if
    >the width can be reduced to 0, I also need to know how to restore
    >the bottom bar.) My simple idea was to try to do what works on the PC
    >for the task bar, but it doesn't for the bottom bar on the PDA.
    >In fact, trying just now with the PC I found that with what is
    >probably the default in WinXP, the task bar is fixed, but using the
    >right mouse key, I get a pop-up menu which among other things enables
    >me to free the task bar. Is there something similar on the PDA ?
    >
    >*) this might not be quite true, because I have the French version,
    >so what I'm saying is a bit of a guess about the English version

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116