Not a valid WinCE application - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Not a valid WinCE application - Windows CE ; Hello! I need your support. I've a Casio IT-500 Cassiopeia industrial pda. When I try to install thru active sync any application, the system shows everytime this message: "program name" is not a valid Windows CE application. What can I ...

  1. Not a valid WinCE application

    Hello!
    I need your support.
    I've a Casio IT-500 Cassiopeia industrial pda.
    When I try to install thru active sync any application, the system shows
    everytime this message: "program name" is not a valid Windows CE
    application.
    What can I do to install correctly all the applications I need?
    I found this web site to download patches and other, but I don't know what
    to do.
    http://www.casio-b2b.com/de/support/kp/2/

    Thank you for your support!
    Cheers!
    Michele

  2. Re: Not a valid WinCE application

    .... It's a Windows CE .net 4.1 o.s. version

    "MP" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Hello!
    > I need your support.
    > I've a Casio IT-500 Cassiopeia industrial pda.
    > When I try to install thru active sync any application, the system shows
    > everytime this message: "program name" is not a valid Windows CE
    > application.
    > What can I do to install correctly all the applications I need?
    > I found this web site to download patches and other, but I don't know what
    > to do.
    > http://www.casio-b2b.com/de/support/kp/2/
    >
    > Thank you for your support!
    > Cheers!
    > Michele

  3. Re: Not a valid WinCE application

    On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:11:35 GMT, "MP" wrote:

    >Hello!
    >I need your support.
    >I've a Casio IT-500 Cassiopeia industrial pda.
    >When I try to install thru active sync any application, the system shows
    >everytime this message: "program name" is not a valid Windows CE
    >application.
    >What can I do to install correctly all the applications I need?
    >I found this web site to download patches and other, but I don't know what
    >to do.
    >http://www.casio-b2b.com/de/support/kp/2/

    I don't know German, so I can't follow much of that site. But the
    labels for the radio buttons on that page are in English and sure
    suggest that the programs are for "big" Windows, not CE.

    >Thank you for your support!
    >Cheers!
    >Michele

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  4. Re: Not a valid WinCE application

    I'm sorry but I wrong link!
    This is the correct one
    http://www.casio-b2b.com/de/support/...73e0e2a16a31e8
    Thanks!

    > I don't know German, so I can't follow much of that site. But the
    > labels for the radio buttons on that page are in English and sure
    > suggest that the programs are for "big" Windows, not CE.

  5. Re: Not a valid WinCE application

    The link was to a page that listed several programs. Most of those
    programs are for "big" Windows. So, again I ask you to be specific
    about which program you tried.

    On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:25:04 GMT, "Michele" wrote:

    >I'm sorry but I wrong link!
    >This is the correct one
    >http://www.casio-b2b.com/de/support/...73e0e2a16a31e8
    >Thanks!
    >
    >> I don't know German, so I can't follow much of that site. But the
    >> labels for the radio buttons on that page are in English and sure
    >> suggest that the programs are for "big" Windows, not CE.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  6. Re: Not a valid WinCE application

    Hi.
    I tried with :
    http://www.geniosoft.net/gold/setuppda.exe (choose windows ce version) ->
    http://www.geniosoft.net/gold/setuppda.exe (direct link) <--- This is the
    sw I need

    I tried everything on http://www.pdatopsoft.com/ (choosing before win ce
    label on the top of the page).

    All of this software doesn't work!
    If you know some files to try please, tell me.

    I don't know what else do... :-(
    Thanks!
    Michele

    I ask you to be specific
    > about which program you tried.

  7. Re: Not a valid WinCE application

    On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 08:07:11 GMT, "MP" wrote:

    >Hi.
    >I tried with :
    >http://www.geniosoft.net/gold/setuppda.exe (choose windows ce version) ->
    >http://www.geniosoft.net/gold/setuppda.exe (direct link) <--- This is the
    >sw I need

    These look like setup programs that run on the _desktop_ and install
    the actual programs on attached devices.

    >I tried everything on http://www.pdatopsoft.com/ (choosing before win ce
    >label on the top of the page).
    >
    >All of this software doesn't work!
    >If you know some files to try please, tell me.
    >
    >I don't know what else do... :-(
    >Thanks!
    >Michele
    >

    >I ask you to be specific