Command Processor Commands - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Command Processor Commands - Windows CE ; I've got a device, on it windows ce 5.0. On my flash I have an .exe which I want to delete via a batch file and copy a newer version. (SerialTest.exe already exists) I tried to copy it: copy "\Storage ...

  1. Command Processor Commands

    I've got a device, on it windows ce 5.0.
    On my flash I have an .exe which I want to delete via a batch file and
    copy a newer version.

    (SerialTest.exe already exists)
    I tried to copy it:

    copy "\Storage Card\Batchfiles\SerialTest.exe" "\ffsdisk"
    or
    copy /Y "\Storage Card\Batchfiles\SerialTest.exe" "\ffsdisk"

    it does not work.

    than I tried to rename it and delete the renamed and copy the new one:

    REN "\ffsdisk\SerialTest.exe" "SerialTest.txt"
    ATTRIB -A "\ffsdisk\SerialTest.txt"
    DEL /Q "\ffsdisk\SerialTest.txt"
    copy "\Storage Card\Batchfiles\SerialTest.exe" "\ffsdisk"

    but I can not delete .txt.

    Thank you very much

    Georg

  2. Re: Command Processor Commands

    On 5 Mar 2007 03:03:43 -0800, "schliz" wrote:

    >I've got a device, on it windows ce 5.0.

    What device?

    >On my flash I have an .exe which I want to delete via a batch file and
    >copy a newer version.

    What kind of flash (CF Card, USB card, flash in the device...)?

    How are you getting access to a command line?

    I infer from your first statement that you are trying to run commands
    from a command line on the Windows CE device. I'm pretty sure retail
    devices (Windows Mobile 5 for Pocket PC, etc.) based on Windows CE
    don't support any command line, so I don't think this will work at all
    unless you get a utility (like PocketDOS) that provides DOS emulation,
    and thus support for a command line, or are using some other platform.

    >(SerialTest.exe already exists)
    >I tried to copy it:
    >
    >copy "\Storage Card\Batchfiles\SerialTest.exe" "\ffsdisk"
    >or
    >copy /Y "\Storage Card\Batchfiles\SerialTest.exe" "\ffsdisk"
    >
    >it does not work.
    >
    >than I tried to rename it and delete the renamed and copy the new one:
    >

    >REN "\ffsdisk\SerialTest.exe" "SerialTest.txt"
    >ATTRIB -A "\ffsdisk\SerialTest.txt"
    >DEL /Q "\ffsdisk\SerialTest.txt"
    >copy "\Storage Card\Batchfiles\SerialTest.exe" "\ffsdisk"
    >
    >but I can not delete .txt.
    >
    >Thank you very much
    >
    >Georg

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Command Processor Commands

    On 5 Mrz., 19:48, r_z_aret@pen_fact.com wrote:
    > On 5 Mar 2007 03:03:43 -0800, "schliz" wrote:
    >
    > >I've got a device, on it windows ce 5.0.

    > What device?
    >
    > >On my flash I have an .exe which I want to delete via a batch file and
    > >copy a newer version.

    > What kind of flash (CF Card, USB card, flash in the device...)?
    >
    > How are you getting access to a command line?
    >
    > I infer from your first statement that you are trying to run commands
    > from a command line on the Windows CE device. I'm pretty sure retail
    > devices (Windows Mobile 5 for Pocket PC, etc.) based on Windows CE
    > don't support any command line, so I don't think this will work at all
    > unless you get a utility (like PocketDOS) that provides DOS emulation,
    > and thus support for a command line, or are using some other platform.
    >

    > >(SerialTest.exe already exists)
    > >I tried to copy it:

    > >copy "\Storage Card\Batchfiles\SerialTest.exe" "\ffsdisk"
    > >or
    > >copy /Y "\Storage Card\Batchfiles\SerialTest.exe" "\ffsdisk"

    > >it does not work.

    > >than I tried to rename it and delete the renamed and copy the new one:

    > >REN "\ffsdisk\SerialTest.exe" "SerialTest.txt"
    > >ATTRIB -A "\ffsdisk\SerialTest.txt"
    > >DEL /Q "\ffsdisk\SerialTest.txt"
    > >copy "\Storage Card\Batchfiles\SerialTest.exe" "\ffsdisk"

    > >but I can not delete .txt.

    > >Thank you very much

    > >Georg

    > To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
    >
    > Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    > PenFact, Inc.
    > 20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    > Boston, MA 02116www.penfact.com- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
    >
    > - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

    Dear Robert,

    Thank you for your reply! I have mad a mistake. The program, which I
    wanted to delete was currently running when I tried to delete it.
    So thank you for your time.

    Georg

+ Reply to Thread