XML parse - Windows CE

This is a discussion on XML parse - Windows CE ; Hi, I am a novice ,started to implement XML parser on WinCE 4.2..can anyone suggest methods to be used for Displaying all childNodes,theeir attributes and contents? Regards KK...

  1. XML parse

    Hi,
    I am a novice ,started to implement XML parser on WinCE 4.2..can anyone
    suggest methods to be used for Displaying all childNodes,theeir
    attributes and contents?
    Regards
    KK

  2. Re: XML parse

    kk wrote:
    > I am a novice ,started to implement XML parser on WinCE 4.2.

    This is far from a trivial task suitable for a novice programmer.

    > can anyone suggest methods to be used for Displaying all
    > childNodes,theeir attributes and contents?

    A tree-control would work, most widgetsets have one and the win32 controls
    have one, too.

    Uli

  3. Re: XML parse

    > I am a novice ,started to implement XML parser on WinCE 4.2..can anyone
    > suggest methods to be used for Displaying all childNodes,theeir
    > attributes and contents?

    I'd suggest getting a package to help you with the parsing. Perhaps
    Xerces by Apache (free software). In terms of simplicity of
    understanding, I'd then suggest you use their DOM version (which reads
    the whole file into memory at once), rather than their SAX version
    (which creates events as each tag is seen), and then just interface
    your tree viewer to it.

    Then, once you've got it all up and running, if performance or memory
    become an issue, look into SAX.

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread