About Linking error - Windows CE

This is a discussion on About Linking error - Windows CE ; Hi I m developing a chat programm using bluetooth protocol. GUID serviceID = OBEXFileTransferServiceClass_UUID; sa.serviceClassId=serviceID;//ServerGuid; I used above code segment in my programme. I got this at the time of complilation.pls tell me how to remove this error. error LNK2001: ...

  1. About Linking error

    Hi

    I m developing a chat programm using bluetooth protocol.
    GUID serviceID = OBEXFileTransferServiceClass_UUID;
    sa.serviceClassId=serviceID;//ServerGuid;
    I used above code segment in my programme.
    I got this at the time of complilation.pls tell me how to remove this
    error.

    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    OBEXFileTransferServiceClass_UUID Client.obj
    fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Pocket PC 2003

    thx

  2. Re: About Linking error

    Questions about programming are more likely to get answered if asked
    in a newsgroup for programmers. I _think_ you are using C/C++ and
    targeting Pocket PC, so microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer should be
    good. More below (in line).

    On 12 Dec 2006 22:21:23 -0800, "prn" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I m developing a chat programm using bluetooth protocol.
    > GUID serviceID = OBEXFileTransferServiceClass_UUID;
    > sa.serviceClassId=serviceID;//ServerGuid;
    >I used above code segment in my programme.
    >I got this at the time of complilation.pls tell me how to remove this

    Actually, linking comes _after_ compilation.

    >error.
    >
    >error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    >OBEXFileTransferServiceClass_UUID Client.obj
    >fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Pocket PC 2003

    Some code in Client.obj refered to OBEXFileTransferServiceClass_UUID,
    but you haven't included it for the linker. I don't recognize that
    object, so I can't help much. If it is something you define in your
    code, then you probably left that code out of the compilation. If it
    is something in a library, then you need to include that library for
    the linker; see Project->Settings->Link->Object/library modules.

    >thx

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478