Modifying Code in BaseClasses of Directx - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Modifying Code in BaseClasses of Directx - Windows CE ; Hi All, I am using Win CE 5.0. I have modified code in "WinCE\500PUBLIC\DIRECTX\SDK\SAMPLES\DSHOW\BASECLAS SES". I had done Build and Sysgen for that project alone. It is generating a strmbase.lib file. Later I am building Run-time Image and download the ...

  1. Modifying Code in BaseClasses of Directx

    Hi All,
    I am using Win CE 5.0. I have modified code in
    "WinCE\500PUBLIC\DIRECTX\SDK\SAMPLES\DSHOW\BASECLAS SES". I had done
    Build and Sysgen for that project alone. It is generating a
    strmbase.lib file. Later I am building Run-time Image and download the
    code to the Target Device, I cannot see any effect of changed code. But
    in PB help it is written that the Code can be modified.

    Can anyone help me regarding this issue. Is there any other specific
    way that needs to be done to see the effect of changed code.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Sarath Chandra. B

  2. Re: Modifying Code in BaseClasses of Directx

    "sarath" wrote in
    news:1164375968.063672.140680@l39g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com:

    > Hi All,
    > I am using Win CE 5.0. I have modified code in
    > "WinCE\500PUBLIC\DIRECTX\SDK\SAMPLES\DSHOW\BASECLAS SES". I had
    > done Build and Sysgen for that project alone. It is generating a
    > strmbase.lib file. Later I am building Run-time Image and download
    > the code to the Target Device, I cannot see any effect of changed
    > code. But in PB help it is written that the Code can be modified.
    >
    > Can anyone help me regarding this issue. Is there any other
    > specific way that needs to be done to see the effect of changed
    > code.

    It's better not to change code inside the public subtree. An update
    may overwrite your changes (even if this should be only a sample).
    If you rebuild a static library to see the effect of your
    modification you should rebuild also the executables and dlls that
    link to your lib.
    Search your lib name in sources files (i mean files named sources!)
    to find where that lib is used.

    --
    Valter Minute
    (the reply address of this message is invalid)

+ Reply to Thread