How to start Software Input Panel (SIP) - Windows CE

This is a discussion on How to start Software Input Panel (SIP) - Windows CE ; Hello, is it possible to start the SIP with a command like xyz.exe? I'm asking because I have a PNA and there runs the navigation program in full screen mode. But it is possible to edit the navigation desktop and ...

  1. How to start Software Input Panel (SIP)

    Hello,

    is it possible to start the SIP with a command like xyz.exe?
    I'm asking because I have a PNA and there runs the navigation program
    in full screen mode. But it is possible to edit the navigation desktop
    and add things like notepad with an icon. The problem is that I can
    start Notepad without problems but can't write because I can't start
    the SIP.
    If the SIP can be started by a command, I could start it first and then
    i could start Notepad.
    An other solution would be to install a Notepad program with an own
    SIP. But until now I haven't found one for Windows CE 5.

    Thanks for the help

    Lars

  2. Re: How to start Software Input Panel (SIP)

    On 18 Nov 2006 03:27:49 -0800, l.ehrig@googlemail.com wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >is it possible to start the SIP with a command like xyz.exe?
    >I'm asking because I have a PNA and there runs the navigation program
    >in full screen mode. But it is possible to edit the navigation desktop
    >and add things like notepad with an icon. The problem is that I can
    >start Notepad without problems but can't write because I can't start
    >the SIP.
    >If the SIP can be started by a command, I could start it first and then
    >i could start Notepad.
    >An other solution would be to install a Notepad program with an own
    >SIP. But until now I haven't found one for Windows CE 5.

    I don't know how you plan to send the command. I'm _pretty_ sure WM 5
    has no command line. But you could attach it to a hardware button.

    I definitely don't know of any command to show the SIP.

    I suggest asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc; and you should probably
    say you asked here first;

    >Thanks for the help
    >
    >Lars

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP