Language pack for windows ce - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Language pack for windows ce - Windows CE ; Hello everybody, I have one question. I have WindowsCE(English version) and I would like to install language pack. It is possible at all? If yes where can I get language pack and how can I install it? ( yes I ...

  1. Language pack for windows ce

    Hello everybody,
    I have one question. I have WindowsCE(English version) and I would like
    to install language pack. It is possible at all? If yes where can I get
    language pack and how can I install it? ( yes I know this is next
    question Thanks for any help.
    Have a nice day.
    Kajtek
    --
    gkajtek@gmail.com

  2. Re: Language pack for windows ce

    On 14 Nov 2006 02:17:21 -0800, "Kajtek" wrote:

    >Hello everybody,
    >I have one question. I have WindowsCE(English version) and I would like
    >to install language pack. It is possible at all? If yes where can I get
    >language pack and how can I install it? ( yes I know this is next
    >question Thanks for any help.

    Whether you can change the language at all likely depends on the
    Windows CE version, the platform (Pocket PC, etc.), and maybe even
    actual device. I just used google
    (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    language
    in this newsgroup and got 310 hits. I took a quick look and saw some
    possibly useful info, but you may need to wade a bit. If you have a
    Pocket PC, I suggest using google to look up
    language
    in microsoft.public.pocketpc

    >Have a nice day.
    >Kajtek

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Language pack for windows ce

    > Whether you can change the language at all likely depends on the
    > Windows CE version, the platform (Pocket PC, etc.), and maybe even
    > actual device. I just used google
    > (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    > language
    > in this newsgroup and got 310 hits. I took a quick look and saw some
    > possibly useful info, but you may need to wade a bit. If you have a
    > Pocket PC, I suggest using google to look up
    > language
    > in microsoft.public.pocketpc

    I've got a lot of hits but most of them was about changing language in
    WM5 and latest os version, in which language depends on *.mui files.
    Into my device I have Pocket PC 2002, where language depends on ROM, I
    have no idea how can I do this. And I want to do this myself not using
    LEng (ui translation supported by this software doesn't work on my
    device).
    Greetings.
    Kajetan Grzona.

    ps. so sorry for my english.

  4. Re: Language pack for windows ce

    On 15 Nov 2006 01:38:23 -0800, "Kajtek" wrote:

    >> Whether you can change the language at all likely depends on the
    >> Windows CE version, the platform (Pocket PC, etc.), and maybe even
    >> actual device. I just used google
    >> (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    >> language
    >> in this newsgroup and got 310 hits. I took a quick look and saw some
    >> possibly useful info, but you may need to wade a bit. If you have a
    >> Pocket PC, I suggest using google to look up
    >> language
    >> in microsoft.public.pocketpc

    >I've got a lot of hits but most of them was about changing language in
    >WM5 and latest os version, in which language depends on *.mui files.
    >Into my device I have Pocket PC 2002, where language depends on ROM, I
    >have no idea how can I do this. And I want to do this myself not using

    If you need to change the ROM to change the language, I think that
    means you need to change the operating system. And for Windows CE (and
    platforms such as Pocket PC based on it), operating system upgrades
    are entirely up to the OEMs (companies that make the devices).
    I suggest using google to look for a combination of your actual device
    and a language. For example, I just looked up
    ipaq 3600 german
    and got 42 hits, including one with a rather explicit recipe for
    changing from French to English.

    >Greetings.
    >Kajetan Grzona.
    >
    >ps. so sorry for my english.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  5. Re: Language pack for windows ce

    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:44:38 -0500, r_z_aret@pen_fact.com wrote:

    >On 15 Nov 2006 01:38:23 -0800, "Kajtek" wrote:
    >
    >>> Whether you can change the language at all likely depends on the
    >>> Windows CE version, the platform (Pocket PC, etc.), and maybe even
    >>> actual device. I just used google
    >>> (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    >>> language
    >>> in this newsgroup and got 310 hits. I took a quick look and saw some
    >>> possibly useful info, but you may need to wade a bit. If you have a
    >>> Pocket PC, I suggest using google to look up
    >>> language
    >>> in microsoft.public.pocketpc

    I'm glad you took this advice, especially because Beverly Howard
    provided some clear replies. But I wish you had said something here
    before I spent time replying.

    >>I've got a lot of hits but most of them was about changing language in
    >>WM5 and latest os version, in which language depends on *.mui files.
    >>Into my device I have Pocket PC 2002, where language depends on ROM, I
    >>have no idea how can I do this. And I want to do this myself not using

    >If you need to change the ROM to change the language, I think that
    >means you need to change the operating system. And for Windows CE (and
    >platforms such as Pocket PC based on it), operating system upgrades
    >are entirely up to the OEMs (companies that make the devices).
    >I suggest using google to look for a combination of your actual device
    >and a language. For example, I just looked up
    >ipaq 3600 german
    >and got 42 hits, including one with a rather explicit recipe for
    >changing from French to English.
    >

    >>Greetings.
    >>Kajetan Grzona.
    >>
    >>ps. so sorry for my english.

    >To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
    >
    >Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    >PenFact, Inc.
    >20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    >Boston, MA 02116