RNDIS - Windows CE

This is a discussion on RNDIS - Windows CE ; Hi All, I am using Passthru Intermediate driver present in Win CE 5.0 to modify the contents of all the packets my target receives. So, this is working fine as expected to do. But later I wanted to add the ...

  1. RNDIS

    Hi All,
    I am using Passthru Intermediate driver present in Win CE 5.0 to
    modify the contents of all the packets my target receives. So, this is
    working fine as expected to do.
    But later I wanted to add the wireless support to the board. So I
    added the RNDIS package. But now the packets that are received from
    the wireless USB are not going through Passthru Intermediate Driver.
    So I am not able to change the contents of all the packets that are
    coming from the wireless device. Can anyone explain me where exacts
    RNDIS sits in the hierarchy compared to NDIS and can I use same
    Passthru Intermediate driver to modify the packets coming from my
    Wireless Device or Do I need to write another driver for doing that. If
    so, Can u tell me the place where i need to write my new driver.
    Waiting eagerly for the reply,
    Thanks in Advance,
    Sarath Chandra. B

  2. Re: RNDIS

    I think you may want to add the ICS (internet connection Sharing) so that
    your device could act as a NAT router with WLAN configred as WAN and RNDIS
    port as LAN, so that the packet from RNDIS port could be route the the WLAN.
    Note that if you are using a regular wired Ethernet NIC instead of WLAN you
    could use the MBridge to bridge your RNDIS and the Ethernet port to peform a
    layer 2 packet bridging. (NAT could only do a L3 routing).
    Using MBridge with a regular WLAN driver will be failed becuase most of the
    WLAN drivers for CE only support STA mode but not AP mode so that the NIC
    could not be configured in
    Promiscuous mode which is a must for the MBridge.

    "sarath"
    ???????:1163140935.662881.304150@e3g2000cwe.google groups.com...
    > Hi All,
    > I am using Passthru Intermediate driver present in Win CE 5.0 to
    > modify the contents of all the packets my target receives. So, this is
    > working fine as expected to do.
    > But later I wanted to add the wireless support to the board. So I
    > added the RNDIS package. But now the packets that are received from
    > the wireless USB are not going through Passthru Intermediate Driver.
    > So I am not able to change the contents of all the packets that are
    > coming from the wireless device. Can anyone explain me where exacts
    > RNDIS sits in the hierarchy compared to NDIS and can I use same
    > Passthru Intermediate driver to modify the packets coming from my
    > Wireless Device or Do I need to write another driver for doing that. If
    > so, Can u tell me the place where i need to write my new driver.
    > Waiting eagerly for the reply,
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Sarath Chandra. B

+ Reply to Thread