NdisMIndicateReceivepacket() failing with DEBUGCHK() in efilter.c:1799 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on NdisMIndicateReceivepacket() failing with DEBUGCHK() in efilter.c:1799 - Windows CE ; Hi all, My NDIS IM driver will cause a DEBUGCHK() "Unknown" in efilter.c:1799 when calling NdisMIndicateReceivepacket() from one of my function. I copy the packet in the protocol receive function. I pass it to an application to modify the contents ...

  1. NdisMIndicateReceivepacket() failing with DEBUGCHK() in efilter.c:1799

    Hi all,
    My NDIS IM driver will cause a DEBUGCHK() "Unknown" in efilter.c:1799
    when
    calling NdisMIndicateReceivepacket() from one of my function.

    I copy the packet in the protocol receive function. I pass it to an
    application to modify the contents of data and get back the modified
    packet to IM driver function and call NdisMIndicateReceivePacket()
    which is failing with:

    Unknown: DEBUGCHK failed in file
    D:\macallan\private\winceos\COMM\ndis51\sys\.\efil ter.c at line 1799

    I use Platform Builder 5.0. Can anyone explain me the error and how to
    get it corrected??1

    Thanks,
    Sarath

  2. Re: NdisMIndicateReceivepacket() failing with DEBUGCHK() in efilter.c:1799

    The HeaderSize in the OOB Data for the packet has probably not been set to
    14 (the size of the Ethernet MAC header), resulting in this assert firing.

    You can use the macro NDIS_SET_PACKET_HEADER_SIZE (defined in
    ddk\inc\ndis.h) to set the HeaderSize.

    --
    Jeff Kelley / Microsoft

    "sarath" wrote in message
    news:1160815916.904891.15600@h48g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi all,
    > My NDIS IM driver will cause a DEBUGCHK() "Unknown" in efilter.c:1799
    > when
    > calling NdisMIndicateReceivepacket() from one of my function.
    >
    > I copy the packet in the protocol receive function. I pass it to an
    > application to modify the contents of data and get back the modified
    > packet to IM driver function and call NdisMIndicateReceivePacket()
    > which is failing with:
    >
    > Unknown: DEBUGCHK failed in file
    > D:\macallan\private\winceos\COMM\ndis51\sys\.\efil ter.c at line 1799
    >
    > I use Platform Builder 5.0. Can anyone explain me the error and how to
    > get it corrected??1
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Sarath

  3. Re: NdisMIndicateReceivepacket() failing with DEBUGCHK() in efilter.c:1799

    Hi Jeff,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Now after setting it its working fine.
    I am not getting the error.
    i have another question. i would like to know how to change the
    retransmission timeout parameter of tcpip in Wince.

    Thanks,
    Sarath
    Jeff Kelley [MS] wrote:
    > The HeaderSize in the OOB Data for the packet has probably not been set to
    > 14 (the size of the Ethernet MAC header), resulting in this assert firing.
    >
    > You can use the macro NDIS_SET_PACKET_HEADER_SIZE (defined in
    > ddk\inc\ndis.h) to set the HeaderSize.
    >
    > --
    > Jeff Kelley / Microsoft
    >

    > "sarath" wrote in message
    > news:1160815916.904891.15600@h48g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > > Hi all,
    > > My NDIS IM driver will cause a DEBUGCHK() "Unknown" in efilter.c:1799
    > > when
    > > calling NdisMIndicateReceivepacket() from one of my function.
    > >
    > > I copy the packet in the protocol receive function. I pass it to an
    > > application to modify the contents of data and get back the modified
    > > packet to IM driver function and call NdisMIndicateReceivePacket()
    > > which is failing with:
    > >
    > > Unknown: DEBUGCHK failed in file
    > > D:\macallan\private\winceos\COMM\ndis51\sys\.\efil ter.c at line 1799
    > >
    > > I use Platform Builder 5.0. Can anyone explain me the error and how to
    > > get it corrected??1
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Sarath

+ Reply to Thread