CS8900 Tx problem - Windows CE

This is a discussion on CS8900 Tx problem - Windows CE ; Hi all, I am using the driver that is provided by cirrus logic itself, and am porting it onto hybus board for a PXA255 processor with WinCE4.0. I am having problem in sending packets from the transmitter. What ever I ...

  1. CS8900 Tx problem

    Hi all,
    I am using the driver that is provided by cirrus logic itself, and am
    porting it onto hybus board for a PXA255 processor with WinCE4.0. I am
    having problem in sending packets from the transmitter.
    What ever I write into transmit buffer, is not send to the network. The
    network initialisation and detection is done properly. I scanned the
    network with a packet sniffer. I could not get any data with my IP.
    When I debug the transmitter module, the data is written into the
    transmit buffer of CS8900A. But this is not transmitted out of it. I am
    getting the LINK packets as my link_status is changing with respect to
    the connection.
    May I get some suggetions regarding this.

    If you want more input from me. You can get it at this link
    http://groups.google.co.in/group/mic...acf11493?hl=en
    Regards
    Deepu

  2. Re: CS8900 Tx problem

    First of all, can you confirm that you are writing
    a correct MAC to the IAR?

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:28:16 +0200, deepu wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I am using the driver that is provided by cirrus logic itself, and am
    > porting it onto hybus board for a PXA255 processor with WinCE4.0. I am
    > having problem in sending packets from the transmitter.
    > What ever I write into transmit buffer, is not send to the network. The
    > network initialisation and detection is done properly. I scanned the
    > network with a packet sniffer. I could not get any data with my IP.
    > When I debug the transmitter module, the data is written into the
    > transmit buffer of CS8900A. But this is not transmitted out of it. I am
    > getting the LINK packets as my link_status is changing with respect to
    > the connection.
    > May I get some suggetions regarding this.
    >
    > If you want more input from me. You can get it at this link
    > http://groups.google.co.in/group/mic...acf11493?hl=en
    > Regards
    > Deepu

  3. Re: CS8900 Tx problem

    Hi voidcoder,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, I am writing the correct MAC to the IAR.

    Regards
    Pradeep

    voidcoder wrote:
    > First of all, can you confirm that you are writing
    > a correct MAC to the IAR?
    >

    > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:28:16 +0200, deepu wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > > I am using the driver that is provided by cirrus logic itself, and am
    > > porting it onto hybus board for a PXA255 processor with WinCE4.0. I am
    > > having problem in sending packets from the transmitter.
    > > What ever I write into transmit buffer, is not send to the network. The
    > > network initialisation and detection is done properly. I scanned the
    > > network with a packet sniffer. I could not get any data with my IP.
    > > When I debug the transmitter module, the data is written into the
    > > transmit buffer of CS8900A. But this is not transmitted out of it. I am
    > > getting the LINK packets as my link_status is changing with respect to
    > > the connection.
    > > May I get some suggetions regarding this.
    > >
    > > If you want more input from me. You can get it at this link
    > > http://groups.google.co.in/group/mic...acf11493?hl=en
    > > Regards
    > > Deepu

  4. Re: CS8900 Tx problem

    Hi all,
    Thanks for your replies. I got my network up, but the problem earlier
    and even prevailing now is that, network works normally only when it is
    disconnected while booting and connected later. If the network is
    connected continuously, even while booting, it hangs at transmission.
    Does any one has the solution/reason for it.
    Regards
    Pradeep
    deepu wrote:
    > Hi voidcoder,
    > Thanks for the reply.
    > Yes, I am writing the correct MAC to the IAR.
    >
    > Regards
    > Pradeep
    >

    > voidcoder wrote:
    > > First of all, can you confirm that you are writing
    > > a correct MAC to the IAR?
    > >

    > > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:28:16 +0200, deepu wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi all,
    > > > I am using the driver that is provided by cirrus logic itself, and am
    > > > porting it onto hybus board for a PXA255 processor with WinCE4.0. I am
    > > > having problem in sending packets from the transmitter.
    > > > What ever I write into transmit buffer, is not send to the network. The
    > > > network initialisation and detection is done properly. I scanned the
    > > > network with a packet sniffer. I could not get any data with my IP.
    > > > When I debug the transmitter module, the data is written into the
    > > > transmit buffer of CS8900A. But this is not transmitted out of it. I am
    > > > getting the LINK packets as my link_status is changing with respect to
    > > > the connection.
    > > > May I get some suggetions regarding this.
    > > >
    > > > If you want more input from me. You can get it at this link
    > > > http://groups.google.co.in/group/mic...acf11493?hl=en
    > > > Regards
    > > > Deepu

+ Reply to Thread