Unable to boot through Hard Disk - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Unable to boot through Hard Disk - Windows CE ; Hi, I m trying to boot from hard disk. I have followed the procedure given in the document like 1)Format using setupdisk.144 2)mkdisk c: after this if i restart my cepc device it is showing Microsoft Windows CE BIOS bootloader ...

  1. Unable to boot through Hard Disk

    Hi,
    I m trying to boot from hard disk.
    I have followed the procedure given in the document like
    1)Format using setupdisk.144
    2)mkdisk c:
    after this if i restart my cepc device it is showing

    Microsoft Windows CE BIOS bootloader
    Version 2.2( Built March 13 2004)

    And in hyperterminal i m getting message as

    Error: Code=0xE
    Error: Code=0x2
    Error: Code=0x17

    Please reply

    Thanks
    Arun

  2. Re: Unable to boot through Hard Disk

    Have u corrected the bug in FAT.h file located at
    ( C:\WINCE500\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\CSP\X86\BIOSLOADER\L OADER ) ?
    ie correcting the foll line ....
    #define READ_BUFFER_LENGTH_MAX 0x3000 //
    It might help.

    (There are many posts out here on this, read those.....)

    ranjith

    Arun wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I m trying to boot from hard disk.
    > I have followed the procedure given in the document like
    > 1)Format using setupdisk.144
    > 2)mkdisk c:
    > after this if i restart my cepc device it is showing
    >

    > Microsoft Windows CE BIOS bootloader
    > Version 2.2( Built March 13 2004)
    >
    > And in hyperterminal i m getting message as
    >
    > Error: Code=0xE
    > Error: Code=0x2
    > Error: Code=0x17
    >

    > Please reply