WinCE Shortcuts - Windows CE

This is a discussion on WinCE Shortcuts - Windows CE ; Hello all! I am trying to create shortcuts on the desktop of my wince unit via a bat file that I copy over to the unit when it is re-booted for whatever reason. Is this the way I should be ...

  1. WinCE Shortcuts

    Hello all!

    I am trying to create shortcuts on the desktop of my wince unit via a
    bat file that I copy over to the unit when it is re-booted for whatever
    reason. Is this the way I should be attempting this or are there
    better ways of accomplishing this task? When the unit is re-booted I
    want the default desktop cleared and my programs shortcuts added to the
    desktop. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

  2. Re: WinCE Shortcuts

    On 1 Aug 2006 08:59:06 -0700, jeff_francis@gtioh.com wrote:

    >Hello all!
    >
    >I am trying to create shortcuts on the desktop of my wince unit via a
    >bat file that I copy over to the unit when it is re-booted for whatever
    >reason. Is this the way I should be attempting this or are there
    >better ways of accomplishing this task? When the unit is re-booted I
    >want the default desktop cleared and my programs shortcuts added to the
    >desktop. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

    I suppose an actual program, rather than a BATch file might be
    "neater". If your unit supports "autorun", then a program set up as
    autorun (and on a storage card) would certainly be more convenient.

    But if this is for our own use, I would say good enough is good enough
    (AKA don't fix it if it ain't broke).

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478