Windows CE - Printing Support - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Windows CE - Printing Support - Windows CE ; hello all, I have some questions related to printing support on Windows CE. 1: In registry, I can see three registry keys under HKLM\Printers 1. Ports 2. PCL Laser 3. PCL inkjet Does it mean that I can print using ...

  1. Windows CE - Printing Support

    hello all,
    I have some questions related to printing support on Windows CE.
    1: In registry, I can see three registry keys under HKLM\Printers
    1. Ports
    2. PCL Laser
    3. PCL inkjet
    Does it mean that I can print using printers which are only PCL
    compatible, If I have a printer which is not PCL Compatible, How can I
    do printing ? How can I add these types of printers ?

    2: How can I add printer which is PCL compatible ? I want to see the
    name of that printer in Print Dialog Box and start printing using that
    printer.

    3: Suppose I want to enumerate all printers which are installed on any
    perticular device using registry, How can I do so ? Should I open PCL
    Laser or PCL Inkjet keys and query for the value ?

    4: Does Windows CE add key under HKLM\Printers OR HKLM\Printer\PCL
    Laser when I add/install new printer ?

    5: If I have two printers installed on my machine , both pritners are
    PCL Laser compatible, then Where does the key for those printer get
    created ? Does it get created under PCL laser and somewhere else ?

    -AJay

  2. Re: Windows CE - Printing Support

    If you are going to ask the same question in multiple newsgroups,
    please post to all of them at once so everyone can see and/or
    participate the whole discussion. I provided an answer in
    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wince

    On 31 Jul 2006 04:00:48 -0700, ajay.sonawane@gmail.com wrote:

    >hello all,
    >I have some questions related to printing support on Windows CE.
    >1: In registry, I can see three registry keys under HKLM\Printers
    > 1. Ports
    > 2. PCL Laser
    > 3. PCL inkjet
    > Does it mean that I can print using printers which are only PCL
    >compatible, If I have a printer which is not PCL Compatible, How can I
    >do printing ? How can I add these types of printers ?
    >
    >2: How can I add printer which is PCL compatible ? I want to see the
    >name of that printer in Print Dialog Box and start printing using that
    >printer.
    >
    >3: Suppose I want to enumerate all printers which are installed on any
    >perticular device using registry, How can I do so ? Should I open PCL
    >Laser or PCL Inkjet keys and query for the value ?
    >
    >4: Does Windows CE add key under HKLM\Printers OR HKLM\Printer\PCL
    >Laser when I add/install new printer ?
    >
    >5: If I have two printers installed on my machine , both pritners are
    >PCL Laser compatible, then Where does the key for those printer get
    >created ? Does it get created under PCL laser and somewhere else ?
    >
    >-AJay

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478