X86 computer - Windows CE

This is a discussion on X86 computer - Windows CE ; Hi, I am trying to start a project that will allow me to create a Win CE 5.0 build for a X86 based computer. I have a vague idea of hw to generate a build with Platform builder. I was ...

  1. X86 computer

    Hi,
    I am trying to start a project that will allow me to create a Win CE 5.0
    build for a X86 based computer. I have a vague idea of hw to generate a
    build with Platform builder. I was shown how to generate and load using an
    embedded hardware platform that had some kind of loader. But nothing that I
    know applies to the X86 computer: how do I load the OS for example? my
    computer does not have a loader.

    Any info regarding the matter, links to specific docs would be appreciated
    FG

  2. Re: X86 computer

    Read the Platform Builder help. There's a step-by-step tutorial for
    building an x86 operating system and loading it on an x86 CEPC computer (or
    there was the last time I checked).

    Paul T.

    "FGionni" wrote in message news:FUwog.6$Tt.0@fe10.lga...
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to start a project that will allow me to create a Win CE 5.0
    > build for a X86 based computer. I have a vague idea of hw to generate a
    > build with Platform builder. I was shown how to generate and load using
    > an
    > embedded hardware platform that had some kind of loader. But nothing that
    > know applies to the X86 computer: how do I load the OS for example? my
    > computer does not have a loader.
    >
    > Any info regarding the matter, links to specific docs would be appreciated
    > FG

+ Reply to Thread