Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb - Windows CE ; Hi group, The highest Compaq flash card I can use with Windows CE is 256mb; the file I need to get on the Windows CE is over 300mb. Anyone know a good way to get it on this windows CE ...

  1. Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb

    Hi group,

    The highest Compaq flash card I can use with Windows CE is 256mb; the
    file I need to get on the Windows CE is over 300mb. Anyone know a good
    way to get it on this windows CE machine?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb

    Are you sure CE supports 256M max? I wouldn't be sure about it - you can
    format a 1G card to FAT16 too.

    What device do you hve? I have several old H/PC's; I may give them a try
    with my FAT16 1G cards.

    Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
    Please see the Pocket PC Mag Expert Blog (including mine) at
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ - you will definitely like it.

    "pils" wrote in message
    news:1149749749.872051.323660@c74g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi group,
    >
    > The highest Compaq flash card I can use with Windows CE is 256mb; the
    > file I need to get on the Windows CE is over 300mb. Anyone know a good
    > way to get it on this windows CE machine?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb

    Well my windows ce version is not the newest so that could be the
    problem aswell. Im on Windows CE 4.1. Or do you mean something else?

  4. Re: Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb

    4.1 is pretty new. Actually, I meant WinCE 1.0

    I'm absolutely sure 4.1 handles 1G cards.

    "pils" wrote in message
    news:1149753852.343972.42780@y43g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > Well my windows ce version is not the newest so that could be the
    > problem aswell. Im on Windows CE 4.1. Or do you mean something else?

  5. Re: Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb

    ahhh I asked this for a friend and misunderstood him lol.

    He only has a 256MB flash card and if im right it needs to fit: Windows
    CE + some files. The windows CE and the files are like 10 MB or so too
    big to fit on the flash card.

    Are there any files from Windows CE which can be deleted without
    harming the OS?

    Thanks

  6. Re: Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb

    What do you mean by "WinCE files"? Files in ROM?

    "pils" wrote in message
    news:1149764680.308076.292930@y43g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > ahhh I asked this for a friend and misunderstood him lol.
    >
    > He only has a 256MB flash card and if im right it needs to fit: Windows
    > CE + some files. The windows CE and the files are like 10 MB or so too
    > big to fit on the flash card.
    >
    > Are there any files from Windows CE which can be deleted without
    > harming the OS?
    >
    > Thanks

  7. Re: Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb

    listen to the responders... they are telling you your device should be
    able to handle any memory card now on the market... up to and far
    exceeding 1 gig. The information that you are limited to a maximum of
    256 meg is _wrong!_

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

  8. Re: Highest flash card ce supports is 256mb, my files is over 300mb

    Since I'm reading and writing this to a 2 gig SD card, I'd agree!! ;-)
    At 08 Jun 2006 10:19:23 +0200 Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen [MVP -
    Windows - Mobile Devices] wrote:
    > 4.1 is pretty new. Actually, I meant WinCE 1.0
    >
    > I'm absolutely sure 4.1 handles 1G cards.
    >
    > --
    >

    > --
    > Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile

    Devices
    > Please see the Pocket PC Mag Expert Blog (including mine) at
    > http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ - you will definitely like it.
    >

    > "pils" wrote in message
    > news:1149753852.343972.42780@y43g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > > Well my windows ce version is not the newest so that could be the
    > > problem aswell. Im on Windows CE 4.1. Or do you mean something else?

+ Reply to Thread