list all com ports - Windows CE

This is a discussion on list all com ports - Windows CE ; Hi Is there a way of creating a list of all com ports on a pocket pc, using studio.net Thanks in advance -- Nevikski...

  1. list all com ports

    --
    Nevikski

  2. Re: list all com ports

    You can easily enumerate all ports named COM:, by iterating through the
    registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active, looking for entries of that
    format. That doesn't absolutely enumerate all 'serial ports', but it does
    do all 'COM' ports, if you see what I mean.

    Paul T.

    "neviksk" wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Is there a way of creating a list of all com ports on a pocket pc, using
    > studio.net
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > --
    > Nevikski

  3. Re: list all com ports

    You could also cycle though all the COM indexes and try to simply do an open
    on them. If the open succeeds, then add it to you list. Don't Forget to
    close the port if it does open successfully. You don't want to tied it up.

    --
    Daron Underwood (eMVP)
    Ardence, Inc.

    "neviksk" wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Is there a way of creating a list of all com ports on a pocket pc, using
    > studio.net
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > --
    > Nevikski

  4. Re: list all com ports

    Thanks Guys

    --
    Nevikski
    www.kevsbox.com
    "Daron Underwood (eMVP)" wrote in message
    > You could also cycle though all the COM indexes and try to simply do an
    > open on them. If the open succeeds, then add it to you list. Don't
    > Forget to close the port if it does open successfully. You don't want to
    > tied it up.
    >

    > --
    > Daron Underwood (eMVP)
    > Ardence, Inc.
    > dunderwood_AT_ardence_DOT_com
    >

    > "neviksk" wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Is there a way of creating a list of all com ports on a pocket pc, using
    >> studio.net
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance
    >>
    >> --
    >> Nevikski