Taking backup/restoration of wince projects. - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Taking backup/restoration of wince projects. - Windows CE ; Hi, I have created an wince platform and created 3 projects (one application, one DLL, one Static Library). Each one of these sources are placed in different part of my system. I have compiled the platform & the projects and ...

  1. Taking backup/restoration of wince projects.

    Hi,
    I have created an wince platform and created 3 projects (one
    application, one DLL, one Static Library).

    Each one of these sources are placed in different part of my system.

    I have compiled the platform & the projects and tested. its working.

    Now, i need to transfer these projects to my collegue. i copied all
    the sources and the platform builder created files for my platform.

    Now, at my collegues machine, if i try to rebuild all. it is giving me
    errors.

    i think it is trying to located files with a path name (which was
    valid for my machine). but not for my friend's machine.

    I also tried. creating a new platform and trying to add existing
    project (.pbp) files.

    it does not work either.

    How does one take backup & restoration in WINCE.

    Is there a way of doing this ?.

    Regards,
    sriram

  2. Re: Taking backup/restoration of wince projects.

    What errors exactly? Where did you put the projects? Did you use hard coded
    paths when you created them or the various path environment vars used by the
    build system?

    --
    Steve Maillet
    EmbeddedFusion

  3. Re: Taking backup/restoration of wince projects.

    Ok - The situation is like this -

    MY friend developed an driver (dll). using the WinCE Platform builder
    as a part of his platform.

    while building the dll he has stored the dll sources in
    C:\driver_sources.

    Now i wanted to copy the same project (.pbw) into my system.

    when i copy it. it looks for the driver_sources (C:\driver_sources).
    which does not exists on my system. (May be i want to store it
    somewhere else).

    SO, when i give rebuild all -> i get an error saying file is found
    found at C:\driver_sources

    I just wanted to ask - suppose you want to take backup and restore. how
    should one go about it.

    There should be some simple way of doing it.

    Please Advice,

    Regards,
    sriram

    Steve Maillet (eMVP) wrote:
    > What errors exactly? Where did you put the projects? Did you use hard coded
    > paths when you created them or the various path environment vars used by the
    > build system?
    >
    > --
    > Steve Maillet
    > EmbeddedFusion
    > www.EmbeddedFusion.com
    > smaillet at EmbeddedFusion dot com

  4. Re: Taking backup/restoration of wince projects.

    There is a simple way. Don't hard code the locations of the projects in the
    workspace. If you keep them WITHIN the normal CE build tree you can use
    paths relative to the various build environment variables. Something HAS to
    tell the system where to find the projects.

    --
    Steve Maillet
    EmbeddedFusion
    www.EmbeddedFusion.com