How to create a fancy UI in windows CE 5.0? - Windows CE

This is a discussion on How to create a fancy UI in windows CE 5.0? - Windows CE ; Hi all, I'm developing a VOIP application in wince 5.0 which supports rich features like video conferencing, media player, FM radio, etc. I found there is a VOIP template called "TUI" and I may base it to support my fancy ...

  1. How to create a fancy UI in windows CE 5.0?

    Hi all,

    I'm developing a VOIP application in wince 5.0 which supports rich
    features like video conferencing, media player, FM radio, etc. I found
    there is a VOIP template called "TUI" and I may base it to support my
    fancy UI. But it will spend me a lot of time to modify TUI because I'm
    not familiar with "ATL" or MFC.
    After surfing MSDN online, I found Visual C# in VS2005 may be a good
    choice to design a fancy UI because it can create a smart device
    project and utilize windows forms class library comes in .NET CF. But I
    still have to mix C# and the previously written C++ code together.
    Am I in the wrong way? Which tool do pepople use to create a fancy UI
    in windows ce?
    Do I have any other better choice?

    Any comment will be very appreciated.
    Nick

  2. Re: How to create a fancy UI in windows CE 5.0?

    Why don't you do your UI in Visual C++? It's part of Visual Studio.

    DataGet® & PocketLog® www.dataget.com
    Data Collectors www.baxcode.com

    wrote in message
    news:1142476953.217485.315620@e56g2000cwe.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm developing a VOIP application in wince 5.0 which supports rich
    > features like video conferencing, media player, FM radio, etc. I found
    > there is a VOIP template called "TUI" and I may base it to support my
    > fancy UI. But it will spend me a lot of time to modify TUI because I'm
    > not familiar with "ATL" or MFC.
    > After surfing MSDN online, I found Visual C# in VS2005 may be a good
    > choice to design a fancy UI because it can create a smart device
    > project and utilize windows forms class library comes in .NET CF. But I
    > still have to mix C# and the previously written C++ code together.
    > Am I in the wrong way? Which tool do pepople use to create a fancy UI
    > in windows ce?
    > Do I have any other better choice?
    >

    > Any comment will be very appreciated.
    > Nick

  3. Re: How to create a fancy UI in windows CE 5.0?

    Curmudgeon warning:
    I think you should work on providing a _useful_ UI. And the most
    useful tool for that is a thorough understanding of how _real_ users
    (not always the same as buyers) will interact with your UI.

    On 15 Mar 2006 18:42:33 -0800, comboytw@yahoo.com.tw wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I'm developing a VOIP application in wince 5.0 which supports rich
    >features like video conferencing, media player, FM radio, etc. I found
    >there is a VOIP template called "TUI" and I may base it to support my
    >fancy UI. But it will spend me a lot of time to modify TUI because I'm
    >not familiar with "ATL" or MFC.
    >After surfing MSDN online, I found Visual C# in VS2005 may be a good
    >choice to design a fancy UI because it can create a smart device
    >project and utilize windows forms class library comes in .NET CF. But I
    >still have to mix C# and the previously written C++ code together.
    >Am I in the wrong way? Which tool do pepople use to create a fancy UI
    >in windows ce?
    >Do I have any other better choice?
    >

    >Any comment will be very appreciated.
    >Nick