Ceating Keyboard Layout in windows Ce 4.2 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Ceating Keyboard Layout in windows Ce 4.2 - Windows CE ; We are using Platform Builder 4.2. We created il.cpp and dl.cpp files which were used kbdgen.exe tool. And then we created kbd..dll with EVC++4.0. We put this .dll file in to release directory and define the Layout File, Layout Text ...

  1. Ceating Keyboard Layout in windows Ce 4.2

    We are using Platform Builder 4.2. We created il.cpp and dl.cpp files
    which were used kbdgen.exe tool. And then we created kbd..dll with
    EVC++4.0.
    We put this .dll file in to release directory and define the Layout
    File, Layout Text and PS2_AT values
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Layouts\0000041f]
    "Layout File"="Input Language DLL name goes here"
    "Layout Text"="Input Locale description goes here"
    "PS2_AT"="Device Layout DLL name goes here"

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload\1]
    @="0000041f"

    then rebuild platform but unfortunately new keyboard was not
    recognized. What can I do?

    Thanks,

    Tolga Karalar

    ESIT Electronic TURKEY

  2. Re: Ceating Keyboard Layout in windows Ce 4.2

    If you are going to post the same question in multiple newsgroups,
    please post to all at once, so everyone can see and/or participate in
    the whole discussion. You already posted your question in
    microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder, and that seems a far more
    appropriate place, so I recommend ignoring this thread.

    On 10 Mar 2006 07:10:18 -0800, "Lizard King"
    wrote:

    >We are using Platform Builder 4.2. We created il.cpp and dl.cpp files
    >which were used kbdgen.exe tool. And then we created kbd..dll with
    >EVC++4.0.
    >We put this .dll file in to release directory and define the Layout
    >File, Layout Text and PS2_AT values
    >[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Layouts\0000041f]
    > "Layout File"="Input Language DLL name goes here"
    > "Layout Text"="Input Locale description goes here"
    > "PS2_AT"="Device Layout DLL name goes here"
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload\1]
    > @="0000041f"
    >
    >then rebuild platform but unfortunately new keyboard was not
    >recognized. What can I do?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Tolga Karalar
    >
    >ESIT Electronic TURKEY