Wince device in windows network - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Wince device in windows network - Windows CE ; hi, Is it possible to have the CE device visible to other Desktop pcs while browser the local windows network. Can the CE device share files? What about the other way around, can the CE device display a list of ...

  1. Wince device in windows network

    hi,
    Is it possible to have the CE device visible to other Desktop pcs while
    browser the local windows network. Can the CE device share files?
    What about the other way around, can the CE device display a list of
    all avilable pcs in the domain/workgroup?

  2. Re: Wince device in windows network

    WinCE definitely can share files over SMB (as well as act as a print
    server). See
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ileServer.asp?
    for documentation of this. I don't think CE server can be hooked into the
    browse group stuff.

    I don't know about the other way as far as CE displaying the browse group.
    Even if our network redirector supported it, I'm almost positive that our
    shell/file explorer is not tied into it so you'd have to customize anyway.

    --
    John Spaith
    Software Design Engineer, Windows CE

    Check out the new CE Networking Team Blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/cenet/.

    You assume all risk for your use. 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
    reserved.

    "ohady" wrote in message
    news:1139263476.694497.270830@g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > hi,
    > Is it possible to have the CE device visible to other Desktop pcs while
    > browser the local windows network. Can the CE device share files?
    > What about the other way around, can the CE device display a list of
    > all avilable pcs in the domain/workgroup?

+ Reply to Thread