Hi folks,

I'm currently using the HTTPD webserver in combination with the windows
CE emulator.
My goal is to access a windows CE HTTPD webserver HTML/ASP page using
my
desktop webbrowser and add some interactive content to that page by
using
an ActiveX control or a .NET control or a Java applet in the HTML/ASP
page.

I can access the web page from my desktop webbrowser (IE6) but I can't
get any of
the webpage components (ActiveX control or .NET control or Java applet)
to be downloaded
properly to the desktop PC.

Here's some example HTML code i'm using:

// ActiveX control in a signed cabinet file:
<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

TestASP

CLASSID="CLSID:F2C19A8B-3F1F-11D1-BEA3-008048EAD6C0"
CODEBASE="nlview.cab#version=3,3,0,103">

// .NET control exposed from a dll file (control named 'DragListBoxCe'
in
// namespace 'CustomCeControls'):
<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

TestASP2

classid="ControlLibCe.dll#CustomCeControls.DragListBoxCe">

// Applet
<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

TestASP3

I know that the HTML tag is ignored by the CE webserver so I
cannot use these objects
in server side scripts (that's no problem for me because I only require
these objects at the
client side).
I also read that HTML tag behaviour is dependant of the
webbrowser
at the client side. Since the examples described above all work when I
use 'em on
a Windows XP IIS web server I'm pretty sure that the client side
browser is ok

One last thing:
the logging of the Windows CE webserver logs HTTP status code 302
after a HTTP GET request where one of the files nlview.cab,
ControlLibCe.dll,
JavaClock.class is requested. I don't know why because they are present
in
the same virtual directory as the ASP page.

Can anyone help me out or tell me if it's even possible what I'm trying
to do?

Thanks in advance,

Greets,

Eric