Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory - Windows CE ; Hi, When I try to download a file from the web that is larger then the free ram (object store) space. I am prompted with an error message. This message apears even before I can set the save location. I ...

  1. Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    Hi,
    When I try to download a file from the web that is larger then the free

    ram (object store) space. I am prompted with an error message. This
    message apears even before I can set the save location. I assume there
    is a default temp dir in which files are save before being copied to
    the selected location. My question is where is it and how can I change
    the default location (to my flash for example).

    Thanks Ohad

  2. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    The default path is defined as:

    Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files\

    Try change it here:

    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Shell Folders
    Cache="Your Path"

    You may want also to play with the cache size

    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet
    Settings\5.0\Cache\Content
    CacheLimit=Your Cache Limit

    "ohady" wrote in message
    news:1139069723.611630.240990@g43g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    > When I try to download a file from the web that is larger then the free
    >
    > ram (object store) space. I am prompted with an error message. This
    > message apears even before I can set the save location. I assume there
    > is a default temp dir in which files are save before being copied to
    > the selected location. My question is where is it and how can I change
    > the default location (to my flash for example).
    >

    > Thanks Ohad

  3. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    Hi,

    Thank you, But I tried that.
    It looks like even though the path is for a flash location, it keeps
    checking for space in the ram. I actually found the download file in
    the new cache path location (flash) during the download procedure, but
    unless there is enough free space in the ram, it would not begin the
    download procedure at all. Is it possible that the ram check is hard
    coded into the IE source?

  4. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    Have you tried to encrease cache size limit?

    "ohady" wrote in message news:1139210621.334219.43750@g44g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thank you, But I tried that.
    > It looks like even though the path is for a flash location, it keeps
    > checking for space in the ram. I actually found the download file in
    > the new cache path location (flash) during the download procedure, but
    > unless there is enough free space in the ram, it would not begin the
    > download procedure at all. Is it possible that the ram check is hard
    > coded into the IE source?

  5. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    I tried changing the cache limit. It does not look like it has any
    effect on that problem.

  6. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    Well, are you sure IE does really use your new
    cache path? Do you see temp files there?

    "ohady" wrote in message
    news:1139235085.895814.230270@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    >I tried changing the cache limit. It does not look like it has any
    > effect on that problem.

  7. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    Yes I do, And the file being downloaded is one of them. But it shows up
    only after the download begins, whcih as I mentioned before, happens
    when I assign enough space to the ram storage.

  8. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    I am sure. I see other IE cache files there as well. they are all
    arranged in a typical IE cache folder scheme and the large file being
    downloaded is amon them. As i mentioned before, the file only apears
    after the download has begun and that happens ONLY if I assign enough
    Ram store place.

  9. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    I think it is the time to request support from MS. Have you already
    spent your 3 time no cost support incidents that come with
    Platform Builder?

    "ohady" wrote in message news:1139263235.923029.225870@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am sure. I see other IE cache files there as well. they are all
    > arranged in a typical IE cache folder scheme and the large file being
    > downloaded is amon them. As i mentioned before, the file only apears
    > after the download has begun and that happens ONLY if I assign enough
    > Ram store place.

  10. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    actually no, How do I do that?

  11. Re: Internet Explorer 6 Temp download directory

    Actually I didn't use them myself. Have a look in the Quick Start Guide
    brochure that comes with Platform Builer CD pack. Look for the
    Technical Support topic on the last page:

    As a Windows CE 5.0 user, you are entitled to two (2) no-charge
    product support incidents with the purchase of this product.

    you can find also information there how to contact support.

    For some reason this option is available only for US and Canada,
    so if you are not in these countries, you are out of luck

    Anyway have a look through these articles:

    Working with Developer Support for Windows Embedded Systems

    Submit a Support Incident to Microsoft
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us;cntactms

    "ohady" wrote in message news:1139343452.490380.199670@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > actually no, How do I do that?