This is a discussion on ANN: New version of PocketDOS available (v1.11.0) - Windows CE ; Q: What is PocketDOS? A: PocketDOS is a powerful virtual PC software environment for your pocket computer that allows you to run a DOS operating system and have instant access to many DOS applications* on your pocket computer, whilst simultaneously ...
Q: What is PocketDOS?
A: PocketDOS is a powerful virtual PC software environment for your
pocket computer that allows you to run a DOS operating system and have
instant access to many DOS applications* on your pocket computer,
whilst simultaneously allowing the use of the pocket computer's native
applications. PocketDOS also allows DOS applications to access serial
ports, built-in modems, infrared ports, bluetooth devices, removable
storage disks, touchscreens and shared network resources, and allows
file sharing between the pocket computer's native applications and DOS
(* Intel 8086/80186/80286 (real-mode only) compatible using
CGA,EGA,VGA, HP-LX or text display modes)
Q: What is new in this version?
A: This version:
- Adds Extended Memory (XMS) v2.0 support
- Adds BIOS extended memory support
- Adds support for real-mode 80286 software
- Adds command-line tool SETCPU for switching between 80186 & 80286 CPU
- Adds EGA BIOS detection switch to command-line tool SETSCRN
- Adds options for tweaking display performance
- Improved Windows Mobile 2005 support
- Improved performance
- Improved Mouse driver
- Improved Windows 3.x Mouse driver
- Improved Expanded Memory (EMS 4.0) driver
- Improved VGA BIOS compatibility
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Q: Which devices are compatible with PocketDOS?
A: All Handheld PCs, Palm-sized PCs, Pocket PCs or SmartPhones with
Windows CE 1.0+ or Windows Mobile and Hitachi SH3, Hitachi SH4, MIPS or
ARM (StrongARM, XScale) compatible processors. All Casio PocketManagers
with Windows CE and MIPS-compatible processors.
Q: Where can I download a demo copy?
Q: What does PocketDOS cost?
A: PocketDOS pricing starts at €22.95 (EUR).
Registered PocketDOS users can upgrade (for free) to the latest version
Any queries should be addressed to the PocketDOS support forum in the
"Support" section of the PocketDOS website.
PocketDOS - Adds DOS compatibility to your Pocket Computer.