help in WINCE project needed - Windows CE

This is a discussion on help in WINCE project needed - Windows CE ; Hello all, I need some help for my WINCE 5.0 based project,as part of my master's final year project.Its about Client Server application using MMS messaging in WINCE.I have to develop an application using WINCE to transfer MMS from mobile ...

  1. help in WINCE project needed

    Hello all,

    I need some help for my WINCE 5.0 based project,as part of my
    master's final year project.Its about Client Server application using
    MMS messaging in WINCE.I have to develop an application using WINCE to
    transfer MMS from mobile device(client) to a remote application(server)
    and then basis of some business logic.For example, server may connect
    to database server during this process and the server will similarly
    transmit MMS message to mobile client

    What are the specific area i need to know to develop the above
    mentioned application in WINCE using embedded VC++?pls help me with
    some guide lines and tips/suggestions and some useful links,to meet my
    requirements.

    thanks&regards
    John

  2. Re: help in WINCE project needed

    Hi all

    Pls someone help me with some ideas,i have to start my project in a
    week or two.

    regards
    john

  3. Re: help in WINCE project needed

    This newsgroup is not heavily visited, and folks who help out in
    newsgroups generally avoid answering such broad questions. I'm willing
    to help a _bit_, but I don't know anything about MMS.

    I almost always need less of my time to answer questions using google
    advanced group search (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search)
    than to formulate a reasonable question to post in a newsgroup. In the
    few cases when I couldn't find an answer to my question, my search
    attempts helped me formulate my question.

    More below (in line).

    On 29 Jan 2006 10:53:49 -0800, "johny" wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >
    > I need some help for my WINCE 5.0 based project,as part of my
    >master's final year project.Its about Client Server application using
    >MMS messaging in WINCE.I have to develop an application using WINCE to
    >transfer MMS from mobile device(client) to a remote application(server)
    >and then basis of some business logic.For example, server may connect
    >to database server during this process and the server will similarly
    >transmit MMS message to mobile client

    Questions for _you_ to answer for yourself:

    What kind of transport (ftp, shares, ...)? Hint: use google for more
    info (you will need to work a bit).

    How robust does the transport need to be (do you need to double check,
    etc.)? This depends more on your pride and on how your project will be
    judged. If you test your program in anything resembling real world,
    you'll know how fragile transport can be, especially if it involves
    wireless.

    What business logic?

    What is the client app supposed to do? Ask questions and/or supply
    info?

    > What are the specific area i need to know to develop the above
    >mentioned application in WINCE using embedded VC++?pls help me with
    >some guide lines and tips/suggestions and some useful links,to meet my
    >requirements.

    Why eVC? Microsoft no longer supports it. And although you _can_ use
    it to create apps that run under Windows CE 5 (I do), you won't be
    able to debug them directly and will need to be careful.

    What devices? Many different kinds?

    >thanks&regards
    >John

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  4. Re: help in WINCE project needed

    Dear Robert

    ThankYou for your prompt reply.I need to built an application which
    transfer multimedia message service(MMS) from any mobile
    device(client) to a remote application(server).the transfer of data
    should be from both client to server and viceversa.

    Can you suggest me some other project ideas,which i could do in WINCE
    5.0?I've one more idea of Implementing video input device for WINCE.?

    Hoping to hear from you soon.

    Thanks&Regards
    John

+ Reply to Thread