Windows CE 5.0 & VC++ 6.0 with MFC - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Windows CE 5.0 & VC++ 6.0 with MFC - Windows CE ; Hi!! I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported ...

  1. Windows CE 5.0 & VC++ 6.0 with MFC

    Hi!!

    I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application
    running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based
    Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported to
    CE 5.0?

    Please Help.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Praneeth.

  2. Re: Windows CE 5.0 & VC++ 6.0 with MFC

    You might. If not, you'll have to pick through the code and fixup the CE
    limitations.

    Of course, the first place you'll need to look is the size of the dialogs,
    etc.

    DataGet® & PocketLog® www.dataget.com
    Data Collectors www.baxcode.com

    "praneeth" wrote in message
    news:1137393939.702357.166900@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi!!
    >
    > I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application
    > running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based
    > Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported to
    > CE 5.0?
    >
    > Please Help.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Praneeth.

  3. Re: Windows CE 5.0 & VC++ 6.0 with MFC

    On 15 Jan 2006 22:45:39 -0800, "praneeth"
    wrote:

    >Hi!!
    >
    >I am new to Windows CE. I have a VC++ 6.0 Dialog based application
    >running in Windows 2000. Can I port my VC++ 6.0 Dialog Based
    >Application as it is? If no, then how can the application be ported to
    >CE 5.0?

    The difficulty of the port depends heavily on how you wrote your
    program. An earlier post mentioned dialog size. You may also need to
    worry about UNICODE issues (Windows CE is heavily biased towards
    UNICODE). You may need to deal with differences in menu functions,
    unless MFC hides such details (I don't use MFC). And you may find that
    some functions you use are unavailable for CE. I just used google
    (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up
    porting
    in microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer and got 341 hits. I took a
    quick look and am quite sure you'll find some useful info and leads.

    >Please Help.
    >
    >Thanks in Advance,
    >Praneeth.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP