Dynamic loading of NDIS miniport under WinCE 5.0 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Dynamic loading of NDIS miniport under WinCE 5.0 - Windows CE ; This is my first WinCE posting in some time, so please forgive the cross-posting ... 1/ If I want to create a virtual NDIS miniport under WinCE 5.0, which does NOT control a PC Card NIC, is it possible to ...

  1. Dynamic loading of NDIS miniport under WinCE 5.0

    This is my first WinCE posting in some time, so please forgive the
    cross-posting ...

    1/ If I want to create a virtual NDIS miniport under WinCE 5.0, which
    does NOT control a PC Card NIC, is it possible to still dynamically
    load/unload and re-bind the driver? Any tips for doing this (registry
    keys, NDIS considerations, etc.) I have experience with doing this on
    Win32 desktop (under NT/XP) but have not worked on WinCE in some time.

    2/ Also, given my brief disclaimer at the top, can anyone suggest which
    newsgroups are recommended for topics such as this? There seems to be
    several for WinCE topics.

    Thanks,
    Mark

  2. Re: Dynamic loading of NDIS miniport under WinCE 5.0

    CE NDIS supports some IOCTLs that can be used to register/deregister
    adapters dynamically.

    See
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...SUIOIOCTLs.asp

    In particular, IOCTL_NDIS_REGISTER_ADAPTER and IOCTL_NDIS_DEREGISTER_ADAPTER
    will be of use to you.

    A sample program demonstrating the use of these can be found in
    public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ndisconfig in the Platform Builder
    release.

    --
    Jeff Kelley / Microsoft

    "Mark" wrote in message
    news:1136825368.046327.169820@g44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > This is my first WinCE posting in some time, so please forgive the
    > cross-posting ...
    >
    > 1/ If I want to create a virtual NDIS miniport under WinCE 5.0, which
    > does NOT control a PC Card NIC, is it possible to still dynamically
    > load/unload and re-bind the driver? Any tips for doing this (registry
    > keys, NDIS considerations, etc.) I have experience with doing this on
    > Win32 desktop (under NT/XP) but have not worked on WinCE in some time.
    >
    > 2/ Also, given my brief disclaimer at the top, can anyone suggest which
    > newsgroups are recommended for topics such as this? There seems to be
    > several for WinCE topics.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

+ Reply to Thread