I've got a Turtle Beach Audiotron, which is based on CE. I'd like
to get it to run some code of my own without having to figure out
how to get it into the firmware (there is no disk -- it expects to
find its media files on the network to which it's attached). I'm
wondering whether there's a way to do that, perhaps via its Web server
(which the Audiotron uses for setting up parameters and song lists).
By any chance does the embedded Web server (or any part of the OS) go
out to the network for, e.g., startup scripts?

I don't know whether it uses the Windows media player (although I
suspect it uses at least some of the associated DLLs); might there
be an avenue there?