older versions of Textmaker 2002 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on older versions of Textmaker 2002 - Windows CE ; I have older handhelds - a Hitachi Eplate with sh4 and a MobilePro 790 with MIPS. I found on the web old trial versions of Textmaker 2002 and I like it my handheld. So I contacted Softmaker, asking if they ...

  1. older versions of Textmaker 2002

    I have older handhelds - a Hitachi Eplate with sh4 and a MobilePro 790
    with MIPS. I found on the web old trial versions of Textmaker 2002 and
    I like it my handheld. So I contacted Softmaker, asking if they would
    sell me these legacy versions. The response back was no, that they
    discontinued the Textmaker versions for the older processors.

    If these versions are discontinued, aren't they then public domain.
    And how could I get a copy of the older version that won't expire???

  2. Re: older versions of Textmaker 2002

    quiche wrote:
    > I have older handhelds - a Hitachi Eplate with sh4 and a MobilePro 790
    > with MIPS. I found on the web old trial versions of Textmaker 2002 and
    > I like it my handheld. So I contacted Softmaker, asking if they would
    > sell me these legacy versions. The response back was no, that they
    > discontinued the Textmaker versions for the older processors.
    >
    > If these versions are discontinued, aren't they then public domain.
    > And how could I get a copy of the older version that won't expire???

    If someone from SoftMaker told you that, he was wrong:

    - TextMaker 2002 is still the current version for Handheld PCs and
    contains binaries for ARM, XScale, SH3, SH4, and MIPS CPUs.

    - PlanMaker 2004 is the current version of our spreadsheet and supports
    only ARM and XScale CPUs.

    And, no, just because a manufacturer discontinues a product, it does not
    become public domain... :-)

    Martin Kotulla
    SoftMaker Software GmbH

+ Reply to Thread