cassiopeia e-100 won't power on - Windows CE

This is a discussion on cassiopeia e-100 won't power on - Windows CE ; I have an E-100 which may have a dead backup battery, when I plug in a (known working) AC adapter in it, both power LEDs turn on briefly, then off (one followed by the other). On the other hand, when ...

  1. cassiopeia e-100 won't power on

    I have an E-100 which may have a dead backup battery, when I plug in a
    (known working) AC adapter in it, both power LEDs turn on briefly, then
    off (one followed by the other). On the other hand, when I plug the AC
    into my other working E-100, one LED turns and stays on until the unit
    is charged. The unworking E-100 does not power on, even with the AC
    adapter plugged in. The battery switch on the back is set to "lock". Is
    this by design when the backup battery is dead, or is something wrong
    with the unit? Also, this unit came from Canada - it appears to be
    identical to the working American unit, but would it have different
    power requirements?

  2. Re: cassiopeia e-100 won't power on

    I found out what was wrong - the main battery was broken, it won't hold
    a charge. I put in a battery from my working PDA and it works fine.

+ Reply to Thread