Where can I find a copy of the Developers Kit for HP 300LX running CE 1.0 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Where can I find a copy of the Developers Kit for HP 300LX running CE 1.0 - Windows CE ; Hello I have a HP 300 LX Palmtop PC running WinCE 1.0 which won't upgrade any higher (well maybe to 1.1) and I was wanting to do some simple programming. Any idea where I can find some tools to do ...

  1. Where can I find a copy of the Developers Kit for HP 300LX running CE 1.0

    Hello I have a HP 300 LX Palmtop PC running WinCE 1.0 which won't upgrade
    any higher (well maybe to 1.1) and I was wanting to do some simple
    programming. Any idea where I can find some tools to do this.

    thanks

    thegoldbug

  2. Re: Where can I find a copy of the Developers Kit for HP 300LX running CE 1.0

    On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 03:37:28 GMT, "thegoldbug"
    wrote:

    >Hello I have a HP 300 LX Palmtop PC running WinCE 1.0 which won't upgrade
    >any higher (well maybe to 1.1) and I was wanting to do some simple
    >programming. Any idea where I can find some tools to do this.

    I'm sure Microsoft was the only company that supported VB for this
    model and its "siblings". I'm quite sure they were the only company
    that supported C++. I'm sure they no longer support any development
    tools for it. If you can find old (1995, 1996?) of MSDN CDs, you
    should find tools on them.

    Other companies have provided tools that would work for small
    projects. I'm not sure whether any still support such an old model.
    I've not tried any, but you can check:
    http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/developer/languages.htm
    http://www.pocketpcdn.com/tools/index.html

    >thanks
    >
    >thegoldbug

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    Boston, MA 02116
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Where can I find a copy of the Developers Kit for HP 300LX running CE 1.0

    wrote in message
    > On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 03:37:28 GMT, "thegoldbug"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hello I have a HP 300 LX Palmtop PC running WinCE 1.0 which won't upgrade
    > >any higher (well maybe to 1.1) and I was wanting to do some simple
    > >programming. Any idea where I can find some tools to do this.

    > I'm sure Microsoft was the only company that supported VB for this
    > model and its "siblings". I'm quite sure they were the only company
    > that supported C++. I'm sure they no longer support any development
    > tools for it. If you can find old (1995, 1996?) of MSDN CDs, you
    > should find tools on them.
    >
    > Other companies have provided tools that would work for small
    > projects. I'm not sure whether any still support such an old model.
    > I've not tried any, but you can check:
    > http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/developer/languages.htm
    > http://www.pocketpcdn.com/tools/index.html
    >

    > >thanks
    > >
    > >thegoldbug

    > To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and

    please indicate which newsgroup and message).

    > Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    > PenFact, Inc.
    > 20 Park Plaza, Suite 478
    > Boston, MA 02116
    > www.penfact.com

    Thanks for the response and the links. I'm still looking/searching as CE
    1.0/1.1 seems to be hard to find much for.

    thegoldbug

+ Reply to Thread