Hello all,

I've got an NDISUIO application running under CE 5.0. I've gotten most
of the preliminaries straightened out, including disabling WZC, so that
I can bind a device to NDISUIO, which I believe is the pre-requisite
for reading and writing. I'm able to get/set OIDs just fine. I've
followed the advice of an earlier poster and setup the
NDIS_PACKET_TYPE_BROADCAST). This succeeds. None of the NDISUIO related
calls return an error.

I've spun off a separate thread because I believed ReadFile to be a
blocking operation if no data was available. Here is the ReadFile()

result = ReadFile(hNdisuio,
(LPVOID)rxBuf,(DWORD)sizeof(rxBuf),(LPDWORD)&bytesRead, NULL);
if (result == (BOOL)0)
error = GetLastError();
else {
// do something useful...

It returns 0 with an error code of 0x48f (1167), which I can't seen to
find in the Microsoft CE 4.2 documentation:

1157 One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be
1200 The specified device name is invalid. ERROR_BAD_DEVICE

Could someone who has gotten ReadFile to work with NDISUIO please give
me a hand with this?

Thanks very much,

Tim Meese