Windows XPe / Windows CE dual boot - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Windows XPe / Windows CE dual boot - Windows CE ; Hi there Searched the groups but could not find out if anyone has experience of dual booting a hard disk which contains both Windows CE and Windows XP Embedded images. I would like to boot to either image. I would ...

  1. Windows XPe / Windows CE dual boot

    Hi there

    Searched the groups but could not find out if anyone has experience of
    dual booting a hard disk which contains both Windows CE and Windows XP
    Embedded images. I would like to boot to either image.

    I would be most grateful if someone could advise if this is possible?
    Is it just a case of changing the "boot.ini" file?

    Many Thanks for your help

    Greg Holmes

  2. Re: Windows XPe / Windows CE dual boot

    On 21 Jun 2005 07:08:20 -0700, gregory.holmes@baesystems.com wrote:

    >Hi there
    >
    >Searched the groups but could not find out if anyone has experience of
    >dual booting a hard disk which contains both Windows CE and Windows XP
    >Embedded images. I would like to boot to either image.

    If you are trying to use dual boot on a "regular" PC, then the first
    problem is getting a copy of Windows CE that will run. The operating
    is not available retail.

    >I would be most grateful if someone could advise if this is possible?
    >Is it just a case of changing the "boot.ini" file?
    >
    >Many Thanks for your help
    >
    >Greg Holmes

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Windows XPe / Windows CE dual boot

    Hi,

    Do you know is it necessary to install Visual Studio .NET separately in
    an Windows CE .NET environment or not? Is Visual Studio .NET IDE is
    already in the Windows CE .NET OS ?

    Regards
    Dev

+ Reply to Thread