Installing WinCE on a Laptop? - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Installing WinCE on a Laptop? - Windows CE ; Can I install Windows CE on an old laptop, P100, 16MB Ram, 1.4GB HD, and use the keyboard, ports and Pcmcia slot? Thanks in advance......

  1. Installing WinCE on a Laptop?

    Can I install Windows CE on an old laptop, P100, 16MB Ram, 1.4GB HD, and use
    the keyboard, ports and Pcmcia slot?
    Thanks in advance...

  2. Re: Installing WinCE on a Laptop?

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 00:27:45 -0400, "yv6eda"
    wrote:

    >Can I install Windows CE on an old laptop, P100, 16MB Ram, 1.4GB HD, and use
    >the keyboard, ports and Pcmcia slot?
    >Thanks in advance...

    The Windows CE operating system is not available as a retail product.
    You could buy a copy of Platform Builder and build your own version of
    Windows CE, but I'm pretty sure that would cost around $10K U.S.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118