How to remove multiple shortcuts under programs tab - Windows CE

This is a discussion on How to remove multiple shortcuts under programs tab - Windows CE ; Greetings, I recently purchased a Dell Axim x50 with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Additon for the purpose of running the GIS application ArcPad. I had trouble installing the software and had to install and remove it several times before I ...

  1. How to remove multiple shortcuts under programs tab

    Greetings,
    I recently purchased a Dell Axim x50 with Windows Mobile 2003 Second
    Additon for the purpose of running the GIS application ArcPad. I had
    trouble installing the software and had to install and remove it
    several times before I got the installation correct.

    Now the run application icon appears several times under the programs
    tab. How can I remove the multiple entries.

    Thanks...new to Windows Mobile

  2. Re: How to remove multiple shortcuts under programs tab

    On 14 May 2005 22:01:06 -0700, "SB_Vancouver"
    wrote:

    >Greetings,
    >I recently purchased a Dell Axim x50 with Windows Mobile 2003 Second
    >Additon for the purpose of running the GIS application ArcPad. I had
    >trouble installing the software and had to install and remove it
    >several times before I got the installation correct.
    >
    >Now the run application icon appears several times under the programs
    >tab. How can I remove the multiple entries.

    Touching the screen with the stylus and then holding the stylus still
    for a bit is analogous to pressing the "right" mouse key. So, you can
    use the File Explorer (Start->Programs->File Explorer) to navigate to
    \Windows\Start Menu\Programs, and then use "right click" on each
    shortcut name to bring up a menu that will let you delete the
    shortcut, You need to "right click" near the middle of the screen.

    You can use File Explorer on the desktop (ActiveSync->File->Explore)
    to navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs on the handheld, and can
    the delete the shortcuts as you would on your "desktop" (other end of
    ActiveSync).

    Windows Mobile _is_ a version of Windows, so many things are similar.

    Questions about Pocket PCs (including Windows Mobile 2003 SE for
    Pocket PC) are probably best asked in microsoft.public.pocketpc.

    Questions similar to yours are asked rather often, so google would be
    a very good source of answers. But finding a good search string for
    your question might be tricky because the question can be asked in
    many ways.

    >Thanks...new to Windows Mobile

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.