"PCMCIA - CDROM" and Jornada 680 (WinCE 2.11) - Windows CE

This is a discussion on "PCMCIA - CDROM" and Jornada 680 (WinCE 2.11) - Windows CE ; I'm asking if anyone tried something like this. I've heard that someone connected an SCSI pcmcia adapter and it worked with a 4 gb hardrive. I've found some cd-rom drives that work with PC-MCIA, but I haven't found any information ...

  1. "PCMCIA - CDROM" and Jornada 680 (WinCE 2.11)

    I'm asking if anyone tried something like this. I've heard that
    someone connected an SCSI pcmcia adapter and it worked with a
    4 gb hardrive. I've found some cd-rom drives that work with PC-MCIA,
    but I haven't found any information about using them under Windows CE.
    I only found someone that installed it on an iPAQ with Linux.

    Sincirelly
    Mateusz Stawecki

    --
    Ladies and gentleman! There are only 36 pages left!
    My name is Frank Lack and I'm from a secret organisation

  2. Re: "PCMCIA - CDROM" and Jornada 680 (WinCE 2.11)

    I have done this. Successfully connected my Jornada 690 and 720 to several
    SCSI devices, including external SCSI hard drive, CD-ROM drive, Iomega Zip
    and Iomega Jaz drives. Of course - the drives must be SCSI and be able to
    be used with a SCSI PC Card.

    I used the Adaptec SlimSCSI 1460 D card. I also connected to my iPAQ using
    a PC Card Sleeve and the same Adaptec card.

    I'm not aware of another way to do this. I'm looking for a link I once
    found that had instructions on how to do this.

    Here is one article - it's for Pocket pc, but you should be able to follow
    similar procedure for the Handheld PC:
    http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/Articles/SCSI/

    Hope this helps.

    "Mateusz Stawecki" wrote in message
    newsan.2005.05.06.11.57.40.356478@czacki.edu.pl...
    > I'm asking if anyone tried something like this. I've heard that
    > someone connected an SCSI pcmcia adapter and it worked with a
    > 4 gb hardrive. I've found some cd-rom drives that work with PC-MCIA,
    > but I haven't found any information about using them under Windows CE.
    > I only found someone that installed it on an iPAQ with Linux.
    >
    > Sincirelly
    > Mateusz Stawecki
    >
    > --
    > Ladies and gentleman! There are only 36 pages left!
    > My name is Frank Lack and I'm from a secret organisation
    > called Releanium. Using my psychic powers, I can tell
    > what was the victim's last meal! : : : : stawik

+ Reply to Thread