Compile c/c++ code on a pocket pc? - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Compile c/c++ code on a pocket pc? - Windows CE ; Hi, my name is Sean and I was wondering if it's possible to compile c/c++ code on a pocket pc running windows ce. Is it possible?...

  1. Compile c/c++ code on a pocket pc?

    Hi, my name is Sean and I was wondering if it's possible to compile
    c/c++ code on a pocket pc running windows ce. Is it possible?

  2. Re: Compile c/c++ code on a pocket pc?

    On 25 Apr 2005 07:56:34 -0700, "twoeyedhuman1111"
    wrote:

    >Hi, my name is Sean and I was wondering if it's possible to compile
    >c/c++ code on a pocket pc running windows ce. Is it possible?

    The closest I know about is PocketC:
    http://www.orbworks.com/wince/index.html
    I've never tried it, so I can't say more.

    The only other C/C++ compilers I know about require cross-compilation
    (develop and build on desktop, run on handheld). I _think_ gnu has
    some support. Microsoft provides eVC, which is available free (_large_
    download); I don't know the web location offhand, but your can
    probably find it by going to www.microsoft.com and searching for evc
    (search box in top right corner).

    For some other possibilities, see:
    http://www.cewindows.net/developer/languages.htm

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Compile c/c++ code on a pocket pc?

    "twoeyedhuman1111" wrote:

    > Hi, my name is Sean and I was wondering if it's possible to compile
    > c/c++ code on a pocket pc running windows ce. Is it possible?

    there is a port of gcc called pgcc that runs on the pocket pc (I use it).

    I think the URL is.
    http://mamaich.kasone.com/fr_pocket.htm

    There is also another port I think at:
    http://mifki.ru