iPAQ suspend timeout problem - Windows CE

This is a discussion on iPAQ suspend timeout problem - Windows CE ; The HP iPAQ can turn itself off if it's idle for a certain amount of time while running on battery. My question is, how can I set this time from a program? You can configure this time by hand in ...

  1. iPAQ suspend timeout problem

    The HP iPAQ can turn itself off if it's idle for a certain amount of
    time while running on battery. My question is, how can I set this time
    from a program?

    You can configure this time by hand in Settings > System > Power >
    Advanced under "On battery power", choosing from Never (unchecked) or
    1-5 minutes. But I would like to set it from my eMbedded Visual C++
    code. I've had some success using the iPAQ SDK to turn the Wi-Fi on
    and off (try Googling on "iPAQSetWLANRadio GetProcAddress"), so I hoped
    to use the SDK function iPAQSetOnBatteryDeviceSuspendTimeOut, which
    should be exactly what I need. However, it just doesn't seem to work.
    Typically what I see is that my code sets the timeout to, say, 60
    seconds, but no timeout ever happens.

    It's not clear how this SDK function would interact with the Settings
    page, since the function allows any number of seconds that will fit in
    a DWORD, and the Settings page only has the options listed above.

    I'm working on the HP iPAQ hx4700 Pocket PC, running Windows Mobile
    2003 Second Edition.

    Thank you for any information you may have!

    Hew Wolff
    Senior Engineer
    Art & Logic, Inc.

  2. Re: iPAQ suspend timeout problem

    It's a simple registry setting. Modify it and send a WM_SETTINGCHANGE
    broeadcast message.

    -Chris

    wrote in message
    news:1111793158.629859.177380@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > The HP iPAQ can turn itself off if it's idle for a certain amount of
    > time while running on battery. My question is, how can I set this time
    > from a program?
    >
    > You can configure this time by hand in Settings > System > Power >
    > Advanced under "On battery power", choosing from Never (unchecked) or
    > 1-5 minutes. But I would like to set it from my eMbedded Visual C++
    > code. I've had some success using the iPAQ SDK to turn the Wi-Fi on
    > and off (try Googling on "iPAQSetWLANRadio GetProcAddress"), so I hoped
    > to use the SDK function iPAQSetOnBatteryDeviceSuspendTimeOut, which
    > should be exactly what I need. However, it just doesn't seem to work.
    > Typically what I see is that my code sets the timeout to, say, 60
    > seconds, but no timeout ever happens.
    >
    > It's not clear how this SDK function would interact with the Settings
    > page, since the function allows any number of seconds that will fit in
    > a DWORD, and the Settings page only has the options listed above.
    >
    > I'm working on the HP iPAQ hx4700 Pocket PC, running Windows Mobile
    > 2003 Second Edition.
    >
    > Thank you for any information you may have!
    >
    > Hew Wolff
    > Senior Engineer
    > Art & Logic, Inc.

+ Reply to Thread