Windows CE 3.0 and motorola T720 - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Windows CE 3.0 and motorola T720 - Windows CE ; Hi I am trying to connnect my Windows CE 3.0 device to the web via a motorola cell phone, which is internet ready. I have the correct cable, and i have tried making a new network connection, but i not ...

  1. Windows CE 3.0 and motorola T720

    Hi

    I am trying to connnect my Windows CE 3.0 device to the web via a
    motorola cell phone, which is internet ready.

    I have the correct cable, and i have tried making a new network
    connection, but i not having any luck with establishing a connection.

    can somebody explain how this can be accomplished?

    cory

  2. Re: Windows CE 3.0 and motorola T720

    On 14 Feb 2005 08:19:38 -0800, sully_73@hotmail.com wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I am trying to connnect my Windows CE 3.0 device to the web via a
    >motorola cell phone, which is internet ready.

    Does "internet ready" mean a) the cell phone includes a browser or
    b) the cell phone can act as a modem? I suspect the former. Each of
    the Motorola phones I have (V66 and ST7868W) can act as a modem, and
    says it is "data ready". I found a spec sheet for the T720 at
    Motorola:
    http://commerce.motorola.com/consume...hone_comp.html
    and notice the list of accessories does not include any data or
    connectivity options. On the other hand, the similar spec sheet for
    the V66:
    http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin...nbr=1&zipcode=
    does include "Connectivity and Data Kits".

    >I have the correct cable, and i have tried making a new network
    >connection, but i not having any luck with establishing a connection.

    Serial or USB? Correct for "big" Windows or CE?

    If the cable is USB, you are probably out of luck. Very few Windows CE
    computers support USB "host" mode, which is needed to support USB
    devices. (Windows CE supports USB "client" mode, which is used for
    ActiveSync.)

    >can somebody explain how this can be accomplished?

    If your cell phone really can act as a modem and you have a serial
    cable for it, you have a chance. First, you will almost certainly need
    a "null modem" (for more info, use google
    (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to look up "null
    modem" in this newsgroup). You will also need some sort of remote
    networking software for your Windows CE computer. Some platforms (HPC,
    HPC Pro, HPC 2000) include it. Some (Pocket PC) do not.

    >cory

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Windows CE 3.0 and motorola T720

    Thank you very much, i will research your suggestions.

    Cory

+ Reply to Thread