Access to USB port with C# - Windows CE

This is a discussion on Access to USB port with C# - Windows CE ; I am required to access the USB port on an HP iPAQ Pocket PC model H5555 to read and write to a linux machine. I have Visual Studio.net Profressional version 2003. The data sent and recieved could be no more ...

  1. Access to USB port with C#

    I am required to access the USB port on an HP iPAQ Pocket PC model
    H5555 to read and write to a linux machine. I have Visual Studio.net
    Profressional version 2003. The data sent and recieved could be no
    more then strings (or a block of bytes).

    On the linux side I am assuming its as simple as opening device
    /dev/usb0 and reading/writing to the device. But how is it done on
    iPAQ side? So far what I know is it is done by calling CreateFile.
    But it does not say what the device name is for the USB port on the
    iPAQ.

    Can CreateFile open the USB port and allow me to send and recieve
    blocks of bytes to a linux machine? If not how can the USB port on
    iPAQ be accessed using C#?

    Thank you,

    Durwin

  2. Re: Access to USB port with C#

    For the archive. I found a sample Serial Communication program for the
    PocketPC and out of shear desperation, I experimented. I discovered
    the "USB" port is acctually COM1 and can be treated as COM1 for all
    practicle pusposes.

+ Reply to Thread